• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Ndgt10 @ Jun 4, 2006 -> 04:10 PM)
1. We are 12 games above .500

2. DJ has gotten much better at play-by-play in the booth

3. Crede continues to swing a hot stick

4. Garland has come around and is pitching better than anybody on our team, save contreras

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!(positive part)

let's all stick our heads in the sand and pretend everything is perfect.

THREADS LIKE THIS MAKE ME SICK

QUOTE(Harry&JimmyRocked @ Jun 4, 2006 -> 09:41 PM)

People who have nothing better to do than to crap on a thread that was meant to avoid this sort of stuff make me sick.

QUOTE(The Human Borch @ Jun 4, 2006 -> 05:30 PM)
In this past week the tigers have generally been losing when we have, also, JOE CREDEEEEEEEEEEEE (in my best hawk voice)

This really can't be over looked. As bad as the Sox have been recently, it hasn't hurt them as much as it should in the standings. That's always good.

The Sox will turn it up in this up and coming series against the Tigers. I have a good feeling about this series as the Tigers have been scuffling along as well. Also they have to play the Blue Jays on the road after the series with the Sox, so it doesn't appear that the schedule will get easier for them.

- I've got tickets to the June 8th game against the Tigers and the June 25th game against the Astros

- We aren't the Cubs (already stated, but definately true)

- We have AJP as our catcher

- Ozzie hasn't run his mouth off as much as he did last year (maybe not a positive)

How about:

- The best home record in the bigs at 20-8.

- 1st in HRs hit (Team)

- 2nd in BB allowed (Team)

- Only 3 games off last year's blistering pace.

- Have scored 54 more runs compared to same point last year.

- Boone Logan is in the minors

- 3-0 vs DET, 3-0 vs OAK, 4-1 vs LAA

- 7-5 vs winning teams, DET is 7-10 vs winning teams

- Cleveland is 6 games back

- Ozzie manages the AL All-Star team

- Only 2.5 GB with 106 games left.

It is a marathon not a sprint.

Also, the White Sox homepage is first in the Google search for "Sox"

Edited by RME JICO

QUOTE(Harry&JimmyRocked @ Jun 5, 2006 -> 02:41 AM)

because what we do makes a damn bit of difference to what the sox do.

maybe if we all cry and b**** and moan, somehow that will make the team play better.

sounds logical to me.

People have wanted to dump Anderson for a while now but I hope he goes nowhere. I don't care if he's batting .058, his defense is a game-saver, and my other Sox buddies agreed at the game yesterday.

That game-winning double off of Jenks Friday night? We all agreed that Anderson would have probably caught that.

Look, the Bulls in their last championship years had Rodman, who was almost a zero offensive threat. But his defense and rebounding were so good he made it work as a teammate.

I look at BA the same way. The upside is if he ever starts hitting, watch out.

Keep him.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jun 5, 2006 -> 11:53 AM)
Look, the Bulls in their last championship years had Rodman, who was almost a zero offensive threat. But his defense and rebounding were so good he made it work as a teammate.

I look at BA the same way. The upside is if he ever starts hitting, watch out.

Keep him.

BA should die his hair like Rodman.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 5, 2006 -> 10:56 AM)
Most people do. Including Kenny and Ozzie.

Well what do you want? Call me crazy, but I thought the whole point of the championship Sox was pitching and defense. We've got plenty of offense (well, potential at least) this year, way more so than last year.

So if we have a great CF who just happens to suck at the plate, I'll take that tradeoff. C'mon, it's the same deal with Uribe. His average sucks, but would you want anybody but him at SS? Not me.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jun 5, 2006 -> 11:04 AM)
Well what do you want? Call me crazy, but I thought the whole point of the championship Sox was pitching and defense. We've got plenty of offense (well, potential at least) this year, way more so than last year.

So if we have a great CF who just happens to suck at the plate, I'll take that tradeoff. C'mon, it's the same deal with Uribe. His average sucks, but would you want anybody but him at SS? Not me.

I understand your point but being ok with an .058 average is stretching it a bit.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Jun 5, 2006 -> 07:37 AM)
because what we do makes a damn bit of difference to what the sox do.

maybe if we all cry and b**** and moan, somehow that will make the team play better.

sounds logical to me.

Then what's the point of message boards? Just because you may not be able to change something directly doesn't mean you can't b**** about it.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 5, 2006 -> 04:19 PM)
Then what's the point of message boards? Just because you may not be able to change something directly doesn't mean you can't b**** about it.

true enough.

my comment was directed at the poster telling me "THREADS LIKE THIS MAKE ME SICK." he's entitled to that opinion, as i'm entitled to tell him that his sickness over a thread on a message board isn't going to make the team better.

if you want to offer up constructive criticism, great. it might not accomplish anything, but i enjoy reading various opinions that i agree and disagree with. imho, "THREADS LIKE THIS MAKE ME SICK" adds nothing to the discourse.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Jun 5, 2006 -> 11:27 AM)
true enough.

my comment was directed at the poster telling me "THREADS LIKE THIS MAKE ME SICK." he's entitled to that opinion, as i'm entitled to tell him that his sickness over a thread on a message board isn't going to make the team better.

if you want to offer up constructive criticism, great. it might not accomplish anything, but i enjoy reading various opinions that i agree and disagree with. imho, "THREADS LIKE THIS MAKE ME SICK" adds nothing to the discourse.

And I agree with this.

our classy welcome to the big hurt.

this funk were in can be a positive also, this should be a nice kick in the mouth for us. I think the players should start to realizing that the honeymoon is over and we need to play ozzie ball again.

Last year when we almost lost the Div. was a similar kick in the moth and we response real well.

If we can draw 39,817 (would be largest crowd, YTD, by about 2-300.) on Tuesday, the Sox will eclipse 1,000,000 fans 11 games earlier than last year. It will happen by Wednesday for sure. We are 10 games ahead of last years pace. Sox fans have rewarded Jerry and Kenny for thier efforts in the off season by comming to the ball park. This is a valuable lesson for them to remember for the future of this franchise. This is a very positive, positive. :cheers