What Does Ozzie Need to do differently; How should they handle BMac

Chisoxfn

Soxtalk On the Air (Downloadable Version)

With Jason Gage and Mario Scalise

Show recorded on: June 5th

Another somber week of White Sox baseball has left Jason and Mario with a lot of things to discuss. It was a more historic show as Jason and Mario both go on a few tangents and get into some hefty debate on the reasons for the Sox struggles, what to do with Brian Anderson and Brandon McCarthy, as well as a hefty breakdown of the 1st place Detroit Tigers.

Plus check out some trade suggestions offered by Jason Gage and a new lineup that would leave Uribe on the bench.

Soxtalk On the Air (Downloadable Version)

How to Subscribe to Our Podcast (So it will autodownload new shows)

Streaming Version of the Show

Haha, I did notice the music breaks were a bit longer last week.

Good point by Mario. This team never has looked that great this season, and the wins did come on talent. It’s frustrating to not see them click yet, now that we’re in June. I just had this stupid hunch that we were going to disappoint. Maybe you nailed it by dubbing us the Yanks, Jas.

And I agree with what you stress on BA and BMac, Jas. Ozzie has not put BA or BMac in spots for them to succeed. BA’s scuffling at the plate, but he’s never going to get out of that funk if he’s sitting every other day. His offense is not what is going to cost us games; having a Mack or Pods in CF is what will cost us games.

And good point by Mario, I seriously don’t understand how Uribe gets a free pass and BA has become our main and only goat when things go bad.

And hopefully everyone heard that comment about the lame Philly/Sox rumor. It’s never going to happen, nor does it even make sense.

Our bullpen is our biggest problem right now, and that’s really breaking a lot of games for us. I know our bullpen had some outstanding years last season, but what we’re having to use now is unacceptable.

I see both sides of the Montero debate. I know KW has to be more pissed than any of us are about the state of the pen, and you know he’s working on that. But for the time being, there aren’t many other options. If we can ride a 2 week stretch with Montero pitching over his head, more power to us. However, it sucks that it ever got to that point, Montero should never be depended on.

Nice point Mario on the timing of the Sox-Tigers series. The Sox could forget all the scuffles of the past couple weeks, if they take care of business against Detroit. They could build some huge MO, if they take the series. However, as Jason points out, it could get even worse, and the Tigers could get a bigger division lead.

Great show guys. Good to have Mario back, and you guys were feisty this week. :lol:

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 10:53 PM)
By the way, this is exactly how to use BMac. He pitched a couple times last series, got 2 days off, pitched again today. He should never go more than 2 days without pitching.

I don't know if you listen to the show or not, but that's exactly what Jas was saying here. BMac needs to pitch with more frequency to find a rhythm, and then you'll see a lot better stuff from him on a consistent basis.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 09:53 PM)
By the way, this is exactly how to use BMac. He pitched a couple times last series, got 2 days off, pitched again today. He should never go more than 2 days without pitching.

WINNER!

The kid has to pitch in order to be effective. He pitches 3 times in six days, and lo and behold he keeps getting sharper with each outing. Way to go Brandon, our new RH set up man.