Gay baseball players

Gregory Pratt

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 06:59 PM)
But the idea that 10% (or more) of the population chooses a life of ridicule and hardship, so that they can get attention, is just assinine on its face.

Then how do you explain the number of Cub Fans in Chicago?? :ph34r:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 05:59 PM)
Was it your attempt to further illustrate my point? Because you did a pretty good job of it.

An instance? OK, if we are talking about the possibility that the occasional person would choose to do something rebelious to get attention, then sure. I am sure that has happened on occasion. But the idea that 10% (or more) of the population chooses a life of ridicule and hardship, so that they can get attention, is just assinine on its face.

Read my original post. You are putting words in my mouth. I gave my experiences with the situation, then asked if the others here agreed with Rock that it was a choice or did they think it was innate? You have taken this way too far because clearly I was telling of my experiences, never did I claim that it is all people's reasoning. Don't read between the lines.

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 06:26 PM)
Read my original post. You are putting words in my mouth. I gave my experiences with the situation, then asked if the others here agreed with Rock that it was a choice or did they think it was innate? You have taken this way too far because clearly I was telling of my experiences, never did I claim that it is all people's reasoning. Don't read between the lines.

I just don't see how anyone could logically believe that.

Look, I normally am not this snarky. Even here in Buster, I am usually at least fairly respectful of others' opinions, even if I disagree with them. But there are two subjects that have come up in here in the last few months where there is a significant slice of the posters believe something that is just mind-boggling to me. This is one of them - thinking that people can choose who they are attracted to. The other is the idea that Islam is, in itself, evil, as are all of its followers. In both cases, I just can't understand how intelligent people could believe that.

So on that note, I will bow out of this discussion, lest I go further down this path.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 08:57 AM)
But there are two subjects that have come up in here in the last few months where there is a significant slice of the posters believe something that is just mind-boggling to me. This is one of them - thinking that people can choose who they are attracted to. The other is the idea that Islam is, in itself, evil, as are all of its followers. In both cases, I just can't understand how intelligent people could believe that.

Uhm. . . You forgot the big Soxtalk wedge issue:

The *$%#@!! whackjobs who put ketchup on hotdogs!!! :fight :chair

:D