Official Day 1 Draft Thread

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JimH
yep just about to say another broadway, no fastball. I am so thrilled.

They like those Texas pitchers, but only the ones without plus velocity. :bang

Another Broadway is hardly a bad thing.

http://www.texassports.com/index.php?s=&ur...17&member_id=19

Kyle McCulloch #23

Height: 6-3

Weight: 185

Class: Jr.-2L

Hometown: Houston, TX (Bellaire)

Emerged as Texas’ No. 1 starter and one of the top starting pitchers in the country during the 2005 season ... displays maturity and poise beyond his years … combines both power and finesse in his game … attacks the strike zone and mixes up an arsenal of pitches that have good movement and explode on hitters … a student of the game … will be expected to fill his role at the top of the starting rotation in 2006.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 10:32 AM)
We seem to have an affinity for this type of pitcher.

So much for the power arm.

We didn't have a power arm in our rotation last year and did just fine (well I guess contreras has a power arm).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 01:33 PM)
He's a clone of Broadway. A polished collegiate pitcher who throws in the low 90's. BA has compared him a bit to Brad Radke. Has an oustanding changeup and also throws a good curveball and slider.

Seems to have pretty good secondary stuff and has only played against top competition.

Sounds good to me. I'd prefer a guy like this than a power pitcher anyday :P

Edited by Felix

Guest JimH
But this leads me to believe that we will trade one or two of our pitching prospects at the deadline.

Ding ding ding, a winner.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 12:33 PM)
Seems to have pretty good secondary stuff and has only played against top competition.

playing against competition is huge....especially for a team who trades prospects like we do...lthey can succeed in lower minors vs. guys abotu hte level they have faced before, and that helps to give them great #s at teh lower minors, even if they are never going to make it big at AAA...think borchard

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 12:34 PM)
not good enough, how about we draft guys that are mid 90's. lets see if the rest of the draft goes as bad as last year.

Why are you even following the draft considering you hate minor leaguers so much?

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 12:37 PM)
All I got to say is that McCulloch has got to be pissed. Not for the White Sox as an organization, but that he has got nearly ten guys to jump to make the rotation.

I'm sure that the seven figure signing bonus will southe his ego... :bang

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 12:35 PM)
Hope he eats more

hes shorter 6-3 and has a more of a frame that he will add bulk.....mlb said the sox proabbly didnt expect him to be at 29 and couldnt resist taking him once he fell