***Official Game Thread 666***

Brian

Freddy has 96 pitches through 4.2. It's prediction time: Freddy will come out for the 6th despite having 100+ pitches. Freddy will end up giving up somewhere between 4-6 runs, depending on how many runners are on base when the next ball lands in the crowd.

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 01:28 AM)
There is a reason you don't see many players (practically none) traded in early June. Nobody is available. Nobody worth paying for at the very least.

We don't need Griffey Jr. or Hunter. We just need someone who's not terrible (at the plate or in the field).

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 08:28 PM)
Sweeney's the best looking hitter I've seen in our minors in a while.

He isnt hitting too hot in the minors right now.

Somewhere in our minors we have a problem. We have the inability to correct a swing that is the same for all of our hitters.

Sweeney's the best looking hitter I've seen in our minors in a while.

People don't like him because he doesn't hit for a lot of power. I say that we have a lot of power in this lineup already, why not add a contact hitter who hits for average? I think Sweeney needs a shot soon. And I mean soon.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 07:29 PM)
We don't need Griffey Jr. or Hunter. We just need someone who's not terrible (at the plate or in the field).

Even solid players aren't available at this point. And if you trade for them, you are going to overpay for just a solid player.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 08:31 PM)
Even solid players aren't available at this point. And if you trade for them, you are going to overpay for just a solid player.

Is there someone available that can catch a fly ball and hit 240.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 01:31 AM)

Go to the minors, and you'll find better options. I saw Darnell McDonald play CF for Durham, and he'd be an upgrade over what we have right now. I never thought I'd say this, but I'd rather have Pods in CF, with someone else in LF, now.

101 pitches for Freddy.

He will come out for the 6th. Guaranteed. And he will give up 1-3 runs.

I think you're right. And he'll end up having throwin 125+ pitches for the night and his fastball will be even slower in his next start.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 08:31 PM)
101 pitches for Freddy.

He will come out for the 6th. Guaranteed. And he will give up 1-3 runs.

I smell offseason surgery for Freddy. He will f*** us this year with his poor arm, and he will f*** us when we try to trade him.

Anderson's production certaintly isn't responsible for our recent troubles, but neverless, his offense is terrible. Embarrasing for everyone who's watching. What's encouraing about his approach is he's willing to take a walk. That's fine; it shows discipline. It's his swing when contact is made that needs MUCH more refining.

Another problem we have is no one is available to take his place. So when you think about it, there's no immediate contributions ready in ANY position from our minor league teams. No pitcher, catcher, MIF, OF, RP which could come up. That's pathetic.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 01:32 AM)
I smell offseason surgery for Freddy. He will f*** us this year with his poor arm, and he will f*** us when we try to trade him.

We're not going to try and trade him. No chance.