Brian

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 06:57 PM)
They underachieved big time last year. They're been healthy this year, young guys like Rodney, Grandson, and Verlander are blossoming into starts, and they made a terrific acquisition in Rogers .

They flat out quit for the last month or so of last season also. They now have a manager that won't allow that.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 07:54 PM)
This post settles it. jphat is always drunk when watching the game. :P

:drink LOL. That or trying to type with my knuckles due to sticky fingers while eating Chinese. Both sound like a good option at this point.

We've got to ride out this slump. We're better than this.

We do need to ship Anderson though and start playing our regulars every day until

they drop or get hurt. No more Sunday lineups.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 08:58 PM)
:drink LOL. That or trying to type with my knuckles due to sticky fingers while eating Chinese. Both sound like a good option at this point.

Sticky fingers? Chinese? Yeah right.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 01:58 AM)
They flat out quit for the last month or so of last season also. They now have a manager that won't allow that.

I still want to know if Dmitri Young got his WS ring from the Sox yet.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 08:58 PM)
We've got to ride out this slump. We're better than this.

We do need to ship Anderson though and start playing our regulars every day until

they drop or get hurt. No more Sunday lineups.

When Ozzie was f***ing around the first few weeks with Sunday lineups after Sunday lineups everyone was saying its okay, like it was an extended Tuscon session. Unfortunately dropping games because we were resting our players in game 2, and using the Boone Logan experiment f***ed us today. We would be tied or in first place if we didnt play f*** up for the first week or so.

I don't think he mentally feels like he's a reliever.

Well then he needs to sack the hell up and get his mind right. If the organization puts him in the bullpen, it is his job to pitch well in that role. He's a ballplayer, not a prima donna. He needs to feel like a reliever unless and until he is put into the rotation.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 08:00 PM)
Big inning here. We need to scratch a run or 2 across before their bullpen shuts us down.

Forget that. Let's scratch across 4. If we score 4 this inning fathom will never come to the board again :P

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 02:00 AM)
haha, it looks to me like Dmitri Young was off by 1 year.

No, what I meant by that is he was one for the season vs the Sox last year, including a lot of big outs made in crucial situations.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 09:00 PM)
Well then he needs to sack the hell up and get his mind right. If the organization puts him in the bullpen, it is his job to pitch well in that role. He's a ballplayer, not a prima donna. He needs to feel like a reliever unless and until he is put into the rotation.

No kidding, I'm sure Mr. Cotts probably didn't feel like he was a reliever but he toughed it out and became a very valuable part to our success.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 07:01 PM)
Forget that. Let's scratch across 4. If we score 4 this inning fathom will never come to the board again :P

Scratching out 4 would be exactly what we've done all year...we can't scratch out a single run, but we score a lot when a pitcher makes a few mistakes.