***Official Game Thread 666***

Brian

Playing smartball doesn't work with guys who are acting like idiots. Bunting to the 3rd base side with AJ on 2nd, swinging at the first pitch, etc.

You do want to make the 3B field it.

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, I honestly think those issues would be lessened if we could get any sort of production from the bottom of the order. Our offense has been very good, but with a better 8-9, we'd score enough where even our pitching could hold them.

I won't get into a long debate about this here, but I think the significantly worse performances of two starting pitchers and the vast majority of the bullpen hurts the team a lot more than the moderate dropoff of the 8-9 hitters.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 07:58 PM)
BA == nice guys

but this ain't a frat party.

we're trying to get back to October.

Party on with BA and we're going home.

Well, who else on this roster do you sugguest fills the hole? If you're advocating a trade, I agree with you, but Mack has cost this team more games with his lack of range in CF as BA has at the plate.

I don't care how good Robertson's been this year. He's struggling with his control tonight, and has been wild in the zone also. We've given up the first out in each inning, and Anderson fouled off some very hittable pitches.

QUOTE(beautox @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 05:59 PM)
Dude! don't worry about it, Brian is going to turn it around any day now, and don't you know its all about relief pitching thats why were loosing, not because the fact our starters are underachieving and leaving the bullpen exposed or the fact that 22% of our lineup is an automatic out, its solely the bullpen. I scoff at the mere thought of Corey Patterson.

I love how you try to blame B.A. there, and wind up having to admit that a big part of the problem is still the starting pitching.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 07:00 PM)
I don't care how good Robertson's been this year. He's struggling with his control tonight, and has been wild in the zone also. We've given up the first out in each inning, and Anderson fouled off some very hittable pitches.

GOoch bunted?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 08:00 PM)
I love how you try to blame B.A. there, and wind up having to admit that a big part of the problem is still the starting pitching.

What the f*** is the coaching staff doing to help BA. Are they doing anything besides batting practice.

Is it time to get Hrniak back for a one on one session with BA. It seemed to work with Uribe last year.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 01:01 AM)
GOoch bunted?

Nope, he tried to protect Pods on the steal, even though he had a huge jump. I'm not blaming Ozzie for that decision at all....it's just disturbing to keep avoiding the big inning by playing small ball.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 06:02 PM)
What the f*** is the coaching staff doing to help BA. Are they doing anything besides batting practice.

Is it time to get Hrniak back for a one on one session with BA. It seemed to work with Uribe last year.

That's the thing that's absolutely driving me nuts with this kid, he doesn't look nearly as bad at the plate IMO as his numbers show. There's no amazing mechanical flaw like there is with Uribe, he's not overstriding, he's taking pitches/taking walks, he looks like he should just need to be taught how pitchers are going to deal with him, but it seems like nothing has changed at all with him this year.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 06:02 PM)
Nope, he tried to protect Pods on the steal, even though he had a huge jump. I'm not blaming Ozzie for that decision at all....it's just disturbing to keep avoiding the big inning by playing small ball.

even if Cintron had advanced the runners, do you think Brian would've gotten him in?

I don't know what the exact numbers are, but I am pretty sure our RPG is up quite a bit over last years numbers. That would suggest that the difference is on the pitching / defense side, regardless of what the bottom of our order is doing.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 01:03 AM)
That's the thing that's absolutely driving me nuts with this kid, he doesn't look nearly as bad at the plate IMO as his numbers show. There's no amazing mechanical flaw like there is with Uribe, he's not overstriding, he's taking pitches/taking walks, he looks like he should just need to be taught how pitchers are going to deal with him, but it seems like nothing has changed at all with him this year.

I think he's worse now than he was earlier in the year. He's way too stiff at the plate. He stands straight up....a little knee bend would do him good.

I don't know what the exact numbers are, but I am pretty sure our RPG is up quite a bit over last years numbers. That would suggest that the difference is on the pitching / defense side, regardless of what the bottom of our order is doing.

Think how much more our runs per game would be if we didn't have this bottom of the order crap.