***Official Game Thread 666***

Brian

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the thing that's absolutely driving me nuts with this kid, he doesn't look nearly as bad at the plate IMO as his numbers show. There's no amazing mechanical flaw like there is with Uribe...

Unless you take into consideration BA's lack of batspeed...Another OF prospect nicknamed "LTP" had a slow bat as well...

QUOTE(Grindersrule @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 06:04 PM)
I don't know what the exact numbers are, but I am pretty sure our RPG is up quite a bit over last years numbers. That would suggest that the difference is on the pitching / defense side, regardless of what the bottom of our order is doing.

We're scoring a full run per game more than last year. We're also giving up .76 runs more than last year.

I think he's worse now than he was earlier in the year. He's way too stiff at the plate. He stands straight up....a little knee bend would do him good.

Maybe he's hitting on the wrongside of the plate. Maybe he should be hitting left-handed??

QUOTE(ThinWhiteDuque @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 06:06 PM)
Unless you take into consideration BA's lack of batspeed...Another OF prospect nicknamed "LTP" had a slow bat as well...

I'm afraid I don't recognize the reference.

QUOTE(Ndgt10 @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 03:05 PM)
Think how much more our runs per game would be if we didn't have this bottom of the order crap.

It still shows that the pitching is where we are having the letdown. Leave BA out there, he can only help the pitchers succeed.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 08:08 PM)
DP with the men on, HR with no one one. THat's the way it's going.

and i luuuuuuuuuuuuvvvvvvvvvvvv it!

Edited by beautox