Brian

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 07:22 PM)
Ozzie talks a big game....it's time for him to do something about this terrible execution.

Well, he can do all he wants, and he can threaten all he wants, but in the end these guys have to come through.

Brian is awful. I just can't watch his ABs anymore. I don't care how good his defense is.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 08:12 PM)
Freddy and his meatballs in the high 80s is the same meatballs that we have seen all year long. He has to be the only guy to lose 5 mph on this fastball, and no one at all makes a comment in the press about it.

Someone here, awhile back, speculated about steroid use. I'm not willing to say that, because Billy Koch's experience is quite humbling, but I thought it was interesting.

I thought this was an interesting article, on the subject of steroids: http://www.slate.com/id/2142937/?nav=tap3

Pee No Evil.

Anderson fails. Again.

Time for Garcia to hold.....the Tigers....at 3 runs. LOL. I'm sorry, I can't even type it without laughing. He's in there for two more innings, which I believe he will be, expect this lead to increase.

QUOTE(Ndgt10 @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 08:23 PM)
HR by BA here will tie the game!

How the f*** can he hit this bad. A f***ing pitcher has a better approach at the plate. Who the f*** is working with this kid to make him better. I see no improvement. He just pulls off every pitch, trying to have a full cut. Shorten the f***ing swing up, and dump it into right. How about a novell idea, short quick stroke.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 07:24 PM)
it's gotten to the point where I feel bad for Brian.

Just now? I've felt bad for him since late April. He's just terrible. And the fact that he's a good guy makes it tough to watch, but he is awful.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 08:24 PM)

I don't. Haven't the Yankees just promoted several minor league OF's who have hit well in place of Sheffield and Matsui? If the team with practically no system can have production from their system why can't we?

Don't feel bad for a guy making 330,000 dollars this year for doing nothing. Most people would get fired from there jobs if their performance was as poor as Anderson's has been.

I don't care if the guys in the minor leagues are ready. I think that a change still needs to be made to try to ignite this team.

QUOTE(That funky motion @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 01:25 AM)
Because KW wont admitt he made a mistake.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just like it took them about one week too long to send down Logan, while Lopez was doing great in the minors. I absolutely love KW for what he did last year.....but Anderson isn't ready for the majors, and a change needs to be made NOW.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 08:26 PM)
I don't know about that. He's done it before. Who is he supposed to bring up to replace him?

He needs to trade. Bringing up another long looping swing from the minors is not the answer.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 01:25 AM)
How the f*** can he hit this bad. A f***ing pitcher has a better approach at the plate. Who the f*** is working with this kid to make him better. I see no improvement. He just pulls off every pitch, trying to have a full cut. Shorten the f***ing swing up, and dump it into right. How about a novell idea, short quick stroke.

The way his hands come up first in his swing, it's almost impossible for him to hit the ball to left field with authority. That's why he fouls off about 100 pitches a game weakly to the right side.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 08:26 PM)
I don't. Haven't the Yankees just promoted several minor league OF's who have hit well in place of Sheffield and Matsui? If the team with practically no system can have production from their system why can't we?

Because their prospects dont all have long looping swings like our prospects. Every hitter that comes up has a carbon copy swing. Long looping pull homer swing.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 07:27 PM)
He needs to trade. Bringing up another long looping swing from the minors is not the answer.

There is a reason you don't see many players (practically none) traded in early June. Nobody is available. Nobody worth paying for at the very least.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 01:28 AM)
Because their prospects dont all have long looping swings like our prospects. Every hitter that comes up has a carbon copy swing. Long looping pull homer swing.

Sweeney's the best looking hitter I've seen in our minors in a while.