Brian

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 06:39 PM)
Garland, no matter how bad he does this year, will have more value than Garcia. Who do you think Ozzie would rather keep.....Garcia, or Garland?

If Garcia wins 15, which he's at least on the way to, then he'll have plenty of value. Veteran starting pitcher with playoff experience and a WS ring, with 14-15 wins? That's still worth a lot.

Finally, BMac is up.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 01:40 AM)
Wait. What does chemistry have to do with this? We are just sucking. Getting base hits at the wrong times. NOt being clutch of late. I don't think that has anything to do with chemistry.

I see guys being selfish at the plate, not communicating well, and just the lack of intensity.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 06:40 PM)
I smell exciting come-from-behind victory in the bottom of the 9th. Circa 2005.

I smell Garcia giving up another run this inning, McCarthy pitching 1 inning, and Montero/Politte melting down in the 8th, circa 2006.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 01:41 AM)
If Garcia wins 15, which he's at least on the way to, then he'll have plenty of value. Veteran starting pitcher with playoff experience and a WS ring, with 14-15 wins? That's still worth a lot.

If both guys end up with ERAs around 5, I still think Garland will have more value. Teams love his durability and his youth. Scouts aren't dumb...they see the same Garcia that we do.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 08:39 PM)
Garland, no matter how bad he does this year, will have more value than Garcia. Who do you think Ozzie would rather keep.....Garcia, or Garland?

Have you seen Garland's contract beyond this season? He'll be paid 10+ million the next several seasons, whereas Garcia is 8 million and has only one year remaining.

f*** Guillen on this topic. If it's his input which keeps Garcia here when he's obviously our best option in a trade, then he should be ignored. I'd rather trade Garland anyday, but no one will take him unless we're willing to eat a large amount of his contract.

Look, that there was the CFs ball and the replay showed Anderson calling for the ball... that is not Anderson's fault.

Dye was standing there waiting for the ball. I am aware that the CF always has priority, but come on, dye was right there.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 08:42 PM)
next thing you know BA is going to hurt Jermaine.

Maybe that will convince BA's two or three remaining supporters that HE'S GOT TO GO!!!!!!!!!

If a CF backs off of that ball, they ARE NOT DOING THEIR JOB. BA isn't always at fault!!

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 08:42 PM)
I smell Garcia giving up another run this inning, McCarthy pitching 1 inning, and Montero/Politte melting down in the 8th, circa 2006.

FACE!!! You are incorrect my friend. :P

from wikipedia

A Quality Start is a relatively new baseball statistic developed by John Lowe. It attempts to gauge the number of "good" starts that a pitcher has. A start is determined to be a quality start if the pitcher pitches at least six innings and allows no more than three earned runs.

hmmmmm..........

Edited by Greg Hibbard

It's disturbing to see the Tigers develop Granderson into such a good player...and our young guys look like they should be in high school.

No doubt about it. Granderson is 100X better than Granderson without the Gr.