***Official Game Thread 666***

Brian

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 01:51 AM)
Robertson is getting better as he goes tonight. His innings are getting easier and easier. It almost looks like the Sox have given up. I'm sure they haven't, but it doesn't look like they are bearing down and fighting like hell, like they did last year.

Can we trade Contreras for Rowand? :banghead

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 08:51 PM)
Robertson is getting better as he goes tonight. His innings are getting easier and easier. It almost looks like the Sox have given up. I'm sure they haven't, but it doesn't look like they are bearing down and fighting like hell, like they did last year.

Our guys are in the I can hit a solo homer mode.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 01:51 AM)
Scary Thought for the day: Detroit is Better.

I thought the same thing, but I have no credibility to post something like that. You could argue that they're better than us at every major facet: offense, defense, fielding, starting pitching, relief pitching, managing.

QUOTE(Ndgt10 @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 08:50 PM)
Reinbecker is going to be a really good pitcher and so is Robertson. We are just running into some good pitchers lately.

Well, that's what happens when you battle teams above .500. Typically, we're going to run into good pitchers.

We can't continue to have these feelings among our members where we shrug our shoulders and just accept it. Bulls***. Sox need to first, learn how to defeat lefthanded pitching; and secondly, defeat quality lefthanded pitching at that.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 06:54 PM)
Detroit is playing better right now.

They are playing as well as you can expect them to, and the Sox are playing like s***.

That equates to being only 2 1/2 games better than us coming into tonight.

I like our chances in the long run.

After losing like 6/7 to the Yankees and Red Sox?

I thought the same thing, but I have no credibility to post something like that. You could argue that they're better than us at every major facet: offense, defense, fielding, starting pitching, relief pitching, managing.

I'm not disagreeing, but how the f*** does a s***ty ass team the year before morph into a world series team the next year?

QUOTE(Ndgt10 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 01:56 AM)
I'm not disagreeing, but how the f*** does a s***ty ass team the year before morph into a world series team the next year?

They underachieved big time last year. They're been healthy this year, young guys like Rodney, Grandson, and Verlander are blossoming into starts, and they made a terrific acquisition in Rogers .