Brian

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 09:17 PM)
Well....when everyone is swinging for the fences, it's hard to get a lot of hits. We have absolutely no mojo right now.

This is my pet peev. We little message board posters seem to think what is going on in the heads of major league hitters. We don't know if they were trying to swing for the fences or not. Thome always swings hard and Paulie wasn't trying to pull his fly out.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 09:18 PM)
Instead of trying to hit the dramatic home run, maybe Konerko should be trying to hit a line drive.

Thome and Konerko were trying to go yard instead of driving in the runs in that situation. This is why we have sucked over the last 2 weeks with men in scoring position.

All he needed to do was lace one into RF. Also Cintron should have been running on that single anyway.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 02:19 AM)
This is my pet peev. We little message board posters seem to think what is going on in the heads of major league hitters. We don't know if they were trying to swing for the fences or not. Thome always swings hard and Paulie wasn't trying to pull his fly out.

Well, when everyone swing is straight up and not shortened against a massive fastball, it makes you think they're trying to be a hero. AJP is the king of this approach.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 09:19 PM)
Even though Konerko and Thome bombed there, no way I blame them.

Why not? That is a lot of money we are paying to those two for situations like that. I'm still pissed at the screwed up Cintron bunt, even though I doubt we would of done anything if it worked.

This shole stretch reminds me of that stretch last summer before we broke out against Unit that one inning. It just sucks waiting for it to pass. For some reason I keep hoping the All Star break gets here sooner than later.