Brian

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Ndgt10 @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 07:54 PM)
That's alright...We got 1 back. We just need freddy to hold em...

Unfortunately I think that'll be difficult the way he's pitching.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 07:53 PM)
Missed fundamental plays like that piss me off more than Freddy giving up two dongers in an inning. Unacceptable Cintron you piece of trash.

Freddy giving up a dinger on a 1-2 pitch pisses me off just about as much, because that is fundamentals.

He gets to 2 strikes and can put them away with his medicore heat. Last years Freddy blows them away with a 93 mph heater. Not this high 80s meat.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 05:54 PM)
Our bottom of the order = biggest difference from last year. It's a rally killer.

Crede, Uribe, Timo, the .270 hitting Rowand, the .260 hitting AJ? They didn't kill many rallies, but they weren't starting any either.

No, it's not alright.

Watch our "O" sleepwalk for the next 5 innings against the great Nate Robertson.

Nate Robertson has been an all-star caliber pitcher this year so far. I think he might be coming into his own.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 07:56 PM)
Freddy giving up a dinger on a 1-2 pitch pisses me off just about as much, because that is fundamentals.

He gets to 2 strikes and can put them away with his medicore heat. Last years Freddy blows them away with a 93 mph heater. Not this high 80s meat.

It just pisses me off that we play "smartball" but the last three times I've seen the first two men get on, the bunt has failed. And we haven't scored in any of those innings. When you get the first two guys on you have to score.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 12:55 AM)
You don't think the poor bullpen and to a lesser extent rotation isn't the biggest difference from last year?

Nope, I honestly think those issues would be lessened if we could get any sort of production from the bottom of the order. Our offense has been very good, but with a better 8-9, we'd score enough where even our pitching could hold them.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 07:57 PM)
Crede, Uribe, Timo, the .270 hitting Rowand, the .260 hitting AJ? They didn't kill many rallies, but they weren't starting any either.

We might have the worst bottom of the order in the AL. I have no faith in them whatsoever.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 12:56 AM)
It's so depressing watching BA, because he's such an easy guy to root for, and you want him to do so well, but he is just so awful. I can't remember anybody being such an automatic out.

No offense jphat....but when this poster is saying a player is this bad, you know he sucks.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 07:54 PM)
Our bottom of the order = biggest difference from last year. It's a rally killer.

Dude! don't worry about it, Brian is going to turn it around any day now, and don't you know its all about relief pitching thats why were loosing, not because the fact our starters are underachieving and leaving the bullpen exposed or the fact that 22% of our lineup is an automatic out, its solely the bullpen. I scoff at the mere thought of Corey Patterson.

Nate Robertson has been an all-star caliber pitcher this year so far. I think he might be coming into his own.

Bulls***. Just like Garland "broke through" last year?

Eventually, Nate Robertson will go back to pitching like Nate Robertson...The only question is whether it will happen this year or the next.

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 05:57 PM)
It just pisses me off that we play "smartball" but the last three times I've seen the first two men get on, the bunt has failed. And we haven't scored in any of those innings. When you get the first two guys on you have to score.

Playing smartball doesn't work with guys who are acting like idiots. Bunting to the 3rd base side with AJ on 2nd, swinging at the first pitch, etc.

QUOTE(beautox @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 07:59 PM)
Dude! don't worry about it, Brian is going to turn it around any day now, and don't you know its all about relief pitching thats why were loosing, not because the fact our starters are underachieving and leaving the bullpen exposed or the fact that 22% of our lineup is an automatic out, its solely the bullpen. I scoff at the mere thought of Corey Patterson.

Are you Corey Patterson's wife? :D