Sammy gets 8 games

southsider2k5

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He's already appealed too: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/preview?gameId=230606116

I'm glad he did, mainly for fantasy purposes in leagues I need him to produce in, which aren't many.

Anyways, I plan on watching this series because of the history, but also because if there's one team I despise more then the Cubs and Twins, it's the Yanks. I don't care if it's the wrong Chicago team, I want to see them go down, especially today with fat-ass Boomer and his big mouth. I hate that piece of s*** and how he attacked Frank in 2001 then learning the extent of his injury and not even apologizing.

Tomorrow's game I could care less about. I hate Wood and have Clemens in many fantasy squads (the only Yank I ever drafted this year because many were passing up on him), so I am hoping for #300 for Rocket.

Sunday it's Prior, so you know I am going for the Cubbies there.

All in all, you gotta love a series like this even if it's two teams you dislike.

The 8 games is no surprize, what pisses me off is that he's now believed to be telling the truth with all his crap. What a coincidence that the first time he uses his only corked bat in a real game it shatters in the first inning. Yeah that's believable. The other bats don't prove s*** because, why would he give the hall of fame , MLB or anyone else one of his corked bats? People are so gullible it's incredible.

The 8 games is no surprize, what pisses me off is that he's now believed to be telling the truth with all his crap.  What a coincidence that the first time he uses his only corked bat in a real game it shatters in the first inning.  Yeah that's believable.  The other bats don't prove s*** because, why would he give the hall of fame , MLB or anyone else one of his corked bats?  People are so gullible it's incredible.

WHy would he be stupid enough to HAVE more than one corked bat? I mean that would be ignorant. People ARE really stupid. :rolleyes:

WHy would he be stupid enough to HAVE more than one corked bat?  I mean that would be ignorant.  People ARE really stupid. :rolleyes:

LOL... A 'friend' of mine said that same thing. They took all of his bats, too. They were all clean. Now if they had gone to his house and took those.... :huh:

So Colon gets 5 games for a bean ball, and Sosa gets 8 games for cheating.  Yeah, that makes sense

The "5 game suspension" was in reality only a 1 game suspension since BC is a pitcher. Sammy's punishment is 8 times worse than Colon's was.

WHy would he be stupid enough to HAVE more than one corked bat?  I mean that would be ignorant.  People ARE really stupid. :rolleyes:

Exactly what I said, hence nobody finding any in their inspections, he didn't give corky out. But Sosa probably does have more than one, because he's a dumb arrogant asshole.

So Colon gets 5 games for a bean ball, and Sosa gets 8 games for cheating.  Yeah, that makes sense

Also, Colon didn't get suspended for a "bean ball". He got suspended for an intentional bean ball -- BIG difference.

Exactly what I said, hence nobody finding any in their inspections, he didn't give corky out.  But Sosa probably does have more than one, because he's a dumb arrogant asshole.

If i was going to cork, i would only have one corked bat in the stadium, just in CASE it is found out. If i had others, they would be in an alternate location. Thats why i cant understand why these morons think not finding other corked bats shows innocence.

Why would he have more than one corked? IF his story was true, wouldn't it disappoint the fans if his corked bp bat broke? Of course he would want a backup.

Why do players have hundreds of bats to begin with? Feel, weight, balance, subtle differences. I'm sure he corked a bunch to get just the right results. You wouldn't want to disappoint the fans ;) I'm equally sure that many of his bats were removed before mlb got to his locker.

It doesn't matter if he had 1 or 100. He cheated.

BTW do you think the corked bat is heading to the Hall of Fame? It's soemthing I would like to see. I've never visited are there displays of events like Disco Demolition, Fre(almost) Beer Night, etc.?

Let's be honest...if it came out that somehow there was proof that Sammy's story was true, there would still be A LOT of pig-headed people who would STILL say he intentionally cheated. Some hate the Cubs and Sosa so much that they would let their bias cloud reality.

That said -- he probably knew what he was doing. Is it bad? Sure. Is he the first? No. Will he be the last? No.

Let the man serve his suspension, and move on with this already.

Let's be honest...if it came out that somehow there was proof that Sammy's story was true, there would still be A LOT of pig-headed people who would STILL say he intentionally cheated.  Some hate the Cubs and Sosa so much that they would let their bias cloud reality.

That said -- he probably knew what he was doing.  Is it bad?  Sure.  Is he the first?  No.  Will he be the last?  No.

Let the man serve his suspension, and move on with this already.

Probably knew what he was doing? If you have ever played baseball you know that when you pick up a bat "by accident" that is 2 onces lighter than the one you've been using 600 times a year for many years, you'd know right away. Even if his story is to be believed and this is the first and only one, he still intended to cheat, that is not anti Cub bias, that is reality.

Personally, I don't think MLB would have said anything if half his bats were corked. Sammy is the biggest product MLB has. Why would they reveal something that would tarnish him and the game? People believe the BP story... suspend him for eight games and move on. ::end conspiracy theory here::

Probably knew what he was doing?  If you have ever played baseball you know that when you pick up a bat "by accident" that is 2 onces lighter than the one you've been using 600 times a year for many years, you'd know right away.  Even if his story is to be believed and this is the first and only one, he still intended to cheat, that is not anti Cub bias, that is reality.

Yes, probably.

Only Sammy knows FOR SURE....FOR SURE....if he did it deliberately or not.

And his story is that he picked up the wrong bat...if that were true...IF...then he did not intend to cheat in the game.

I'm through with this old topic...I don't know why it's getting so much coverage.

Why would they reveal something that would tarnish him and the game?

Because if the coverup was one day made public by someone, it would hurt baseball more than the '94 strike.

MLB is not going to risk their entire business just because one of their employees is a good money maker. The risk would not be worth the gain.

True, but I wouldn't put anything past the MLB's stupidity at this point....

The NBA covered up MJs involvement in gambling, right before his first retirement. You guys REALLY think his first retirement was voluntary? :rolleyes: