My Adventurous Day!

HuskyCaucasian

OK, so I was at work today and we had a cook-out / eat-in this afternoon for the staff. Around noon we all gathered in the eating area. Around 12:45 or 1:00, the school principal was called out of the room and he quickly came back in and started assigning people to guard doors. He announced the police had just called the school to alert us that a man was running in our general direct and he had a weapon (most likely a gun). So, various staff members quickly took their assigned doors throughout the building. The I heard one guy yell "hey, what about the church's south doors?". He was refering to the doors behind the alter for emergancy exits. So, off one of my co-workers and I went to defend the doors. I also locked off one of the rooms near me so I had a locked off room I could duck into in case someone came in through my door. (I was advised to head for cover and call 911 if someone did try and come through my door) Well, about 1:35 the principal gave an all clear that the person had been aprehended and he would give us more information when he got it.

Well, that was an eventful lunch!

Thank you to whoever moved this. I posted it in the wrong forum by accident. My bad!

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 08:53 PM)
It was. According to my sister and my mom's co-worker, the high school near where I work was locked down. No one in, no one out.

yeah, my bro works at a grade school and a couple weeks ago there was a break in just up the road from it so they went into a complete lockdown mode too--no one in or out and most everyone in a classroom and accounted for...