AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!!!!!&a

NUKE_CLEVELAND

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 6, 2006 -> 08:11 PM)
They're coming apart. Bottom f***ing line. They're coming apart.

They feed off the bad teams then they s*** their pants when they play the good teams.

Now we have them on the ropes, it's time to finish them off.

With Jose on the mound tomorrow, we have to come out and get a few runs early. If Jose is on, and we get the lead early, in another week or two the Tigers could be sniffing .500.

06 Tigers = 05 Orioles?, I know alot of people here think the tigers are the real deal holyfield, but i find it hard to believe that when they've faced real competition they've faltered, Verlander has never pitched over 130 innings, Mike Maroth is on the 60 day DL, Rogers isn't spectacular during the second half, and pudge is day to day with back spasms. It seems as though we've seen them hit their full stride and even then they haven't put us in the rear view mirror. its both exciting and disappointing (for the moment) to know that this team has underachieved thus far and have the potential to explode in the very near future.

Huge win...the bench comes through again. (Even though Cintron started). When Jenks has his curve going he is unhittable. Need to do better with RISP and situational hitting but a step in the right direction. Keep it up boys.

QUOTE(beck72 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 07:18 PM)
This is the kind of win that can breathe life back into a team. I hope it does exactly that :gosox1:

And these games show why you should never give up on this team, no matter what situation they're in.

We won a lot of these type of games last season.

Props to B-Mac on his outing. Hopefully this is the start of something for him.

All I can say is WHEW, I'll take it.

Great job by B Mac and Bob Jenks.

I was really impressed with this Zumaya kid. Great stuff, but kinda Zambrano-ish out there on the hill. I'd like to see Thome or Pauly park one of those 99 mph heaters before the end of this series.

In an April meeting with Zumaya, Konerko took him out of the park for his first homer of the year. After that game, Zumaya said Konerko wouldn't get another one off him this season.

"Got that one,'' Konerko responded at the time.

In the rematch, Zumaya got Konerko to pop out to center field to end the inning, followed by an exuberant fist pump and a couple of stares by the pitcher.

"I really wanted to face Konerko because he did get me early in the season,'' Zumaya said. "I was pretty pumped. Whenever a guy gets a good hit off me, I want to face him again. That's my mentality. I want to go after the guy and I want to show him, 'Hey, you beat me once, but I'm going to go after you again.'

"It was one of my biggest highs. I got the guy out that I wanted to face.''

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 09:32 AM)
All I can say is WHEW, I'll take it.

Great job by B Mac and Bob Jenks.

I was really impressed with this Zumaya kid. Great stuff, but kinda Zambrano-ish out there on the hill. I'd like to see Thome or Pauly park one of those 99 mph heaters before the end of this series.

In an April meeting with Zumaya, Konerko took him out of the park for his first homer of the year. After that game, Zumaya said Konerko wouldn't get another one off him this season.

"Got that one,'' Konerko responded at the time.

In the rematch, Zumaya got Konerko to pop out to center field to end the inning, followed by an exuberant fist pump and a couple of stares by the pitcher.

"I really wanted to face Konerko because he did get me early in the season,'' Zumaya said. "I was pretty pumped. Whenever a guy gets a good hit off me, I want to face him again. That's my mentality. I want to go after the guy and I want to show him, 'Hey, you beat me once, but I'm going to go after you again.'

"It was one of my biggest highs. I got the guy out that I wanted to face.''

Zumaya = Douche

:fight

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 09:52 AM)
I wish Cliff had that mentality.

Agreed, but some kid who has done nothing should not be calling out Konerko, a two time All Star and World Champion.

Paulie is never one to showboat or brag about being an All Star, so this irritated me.

QUOTE(NYSox35 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 01:59 PM)
Agreed, but some kid who has done nothing should not be calling out Konerko, a two time All Star and World Champion.

Paulie is never one to showboat or brag about being an All Star, so this irritated me.

I don't see anything wrong with what he did. As someone said earlier, that's a tremendous competitive attitude the young man has.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 10:22 AM)
I don't see anything wrong with what he did. As someone said earlier, that's a tremendous competitive attitude the young man has.

"In an April meeting with Zumaya, Konerko took him out of the park for his first homer of the year. After that game, Zumaya said Konerko wouldn't get another one off him this season."

There was my problem, not his action after this particular game.

To each his own, but I just think it was sort of uncalled for.

Whatever, Paulie will keep being an All Star caliber player...fine by me.

QUOTE(NYSox35 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 09:27 AM)
"In an April meeting with Zumaya, Konerko took him out of the park for his first homer of the year. After that game, Zumaya said Konerko wouldn't get another one off him this season."

There was my problem, not his action after this particular game.

To each his own, but I just think it was sort of uncalled for.

Whatever, Paulie will keep being an All Star caliber player...fine by me.

Is he supposed to say Konerko is going to hit several more homers off of him?

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 10:29 AM)
Is he supposed to say Konerko is going to hit several more homers off of him?

No, he's supposed to say something like...

"Yeah, that pitch kind of got away from me. It was a tough spot, but Konerko is a great hitter and he connected with that one. I'm just going to go out there and keep fighting and try and get him next time."

Big difference...Also, he's a nobody, not Mariano Rivera. Do you see Mo saying that?

Like the line in boiler room... "Act as If"...

Edited by NYSox35

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 09:27 AM)
So Pauly should do the Macarena at homeplate the next time he gets a HR on Zumaya?

The kid did nothing wrong. After he got Konerko out he pumped his fist. Watch the pre game video at USCF, and you will see Bobby Jenks pump his fist over and over. There's nothing wrong with showing a little emotion. Jenks doesn't show up anyone with his fist pumping, and Zumaya didn't show Paulie up at all. Dennis Eckersley used to point and "shoot" guys when he struck them out and would tell them to go sit down.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 09:33 AM)
The kid did nothing wrong. After he got Konerko out he pumped his fist. Watch the pre game video at USCF, and you will see Bobby Jenks pump his fist over and over. There's nothing wrong with showing a little emotion. Jenks doesn't show up anyone with his fist pumping, and Zumaya didn't show Paulie up at all. Dennis Eckersley used to point and "shoot" guys when he struck them out and would tell them to go sit down.

^

It was an emotional part of the game and he pumped his fist a little, I see no problem with it at all.

It didn't last long like a zambrano celebration, it was just a quick moment of emotion.

When paulie hit the grand slam in game 2, he raised his arms, is that wrong too?

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 09:33 AM)

I think you missed the stare down afterward, at Pauly and the Sox bench. It's not a big deal...yet, like I said, I'd like to see Thome or Pauly jack his ass again and we'll see what his reaction is then.