New roids story

BHAMBARONS

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 02:18 AM)
Apparently Grimsley ratted out several guys....that could be interesting.

I am so sick of hearing about steriods. :puke I honestly say that this is the McCarthy era of baseball and no I do not mean Brandon. :lolhitting

Edited by WinningUgly85

This one is going to be huge. Every other thing we have heard about has been an isolated individual case. Now we have an actual supplier getting busted, and it sure as hell sounds like he doesn't want to go down as a supplier. Now is when you will see the real fun start as reporters start to speculate about who has played with Grimsley, who played in California, who went back to Latin American the most, and who interacted with these players. You think the speculation was bad before when it was just a few players, just wait.

Once again baseball is getting paid back for having a half-assed drug policy that was still missing obvious things like speed and HGH which is only detectable through blood tests, and oh yeah, baseball only does piss tests. Until MLB does Olympic style testing this same s*** is going to keep happening as players find easy holes in the system.

Sit back, relax, and strap it down, this is going to be a wild one.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 07:18 AM)
Apparently Grimsley ratted out several guys....that could be interesting.

There's a certain former teammate, rumored to be from last year, that's now living in Florida who he ratted out. Sound familiar to anyone.....the guy's supposed to have a short name.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 11:08 AM)
There's a certain former teammate, rumored to be from last year, that's now living in Florida who he ratted out. Sound familiar to anyone.....the guy's supposed to have a short name.

Seems somewhat pointless ratting him out. I think it's become public knowledge that he was quite juicy for a good portion of his career.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 04:20 PM)
Seems somewhat pointless ratting him out. I think it's become public knowledge that he was quite juicy for a good portion of his career.

True, but he's such a piece of s***....I wish nothing but the worst for him. He was a fraud.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 11:22 AM)
True, but he's such a piece of s***....I wish nothing but the worst for him. He was a fraud.

You know you loved it when he did his little kissy thing to the camera after hitting a homerun, it's so damn cute.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 09:26 AM)
You know you loved it when he did his little kissy thing to the camera after hitting a homerun, it's so damn cute.

I enjoyed being in the 3rd row behind home plate at the end of his like 12 consecutive strikeout streak against White Sox pitching.

Wasn't Grimsley also a teammate of a certain pitcher who is very large, in his mid 40's, who recently signed a contract, and is still bringing gas ? If you look at Grimsley, you probably would have never guessed he was juicing from looking at his body or his performance. I think this goes to show there are or at least were a ton of guys juicing you wouldn't have suspected, including White Sox players.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 10:08 AM)

Is it bad or good that I had to read the next few posts to figure out you were talking about Sosa? I completely forgot about him...

Also, I saw this on Page2 of ESPN. Really makes you question just how man guys out there are juicing...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=jones/060602

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 01:01 PM)
Dan Patrick claims 'hundreds' being named

Looks like the first name came out AZ republic says one of the names is no suprise Jason Giambi. Of course this can not be confirmed. Any guesses on how it takes for those names to come public.

I don't give a s*** if they implicate numerous former or current White Sox players, I just really want to see some names thrown out there. This whole thing should lead to a blood test for HGH, Grimsley's situation should make the human growth hormone problem a major focal point.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 01:07 PM)
I don't give a s*** if they implicate numerous former or current White Sox players, I just really want to see some names thrown out there. This whole thing should lead to a blood test for HGH, Grimsley's situation should make the human growth hormone problem a major focal point.

I have one or two who I think might wind up on such a list, but seriously, I think we may have had one of the cleanest programs in the game for those few years, simply because who's going to disagree with Frank?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 03:07 PM)

Maybe this will put some pressure on Donald Fehr, who wanted to pull out of the current drug testing program if the Collective Bargaining Agreement wasnt signed by a certain date this summer. Wait till congress requires a blood test for this.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 03:07 PM)

I tip my cap...

good post

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 04:44 PM)
Here's the affadavit:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0607061grimsley1.html

Unfortunately, the names are blacked out...

wow....

I'd be pissed if I were the Feds... Now the cover is blown on their investigation. Whoever's names are blacked out probably realize they could be nailed soon too....

So they will all destroy their evidence (that is the evidence they control).