New roids story

BHAMBARONS

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 08:21 AM)
I must have missed it, but is there a link that lists the players that have been named in this new leak?

All the names on the Affidavit were blacked out so no names have been revealed just yet.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 07:21 AM)
I must have missed it, but is there a link that lists the players that have been named in this new leak?

I just saw a joke leaked page (page 13, so you can follow along if you like). It named Jeter as the guy in Florida who told him of the doctor, Pujols, Thome, Derek Lee, and Lidge as the anabolic steroid users and Thome was the one with the doctor in Colorado. It also said Tony Pena always had the supply of amphetamenes. The article really had me going until the last line which said "Grimsley described a conversation he had last year with his mother , a small acrobat, John Kruk's "fancy testicle" and Juan Pierre (AIDS).

Note, I put this in green because it was a JOKE, but it really got my heart going. It's sort of funny, maybe we can make a mad-libs game out of this.

Here is a copy of the SPOOFED leaked affadavit:

ohmy4fu.jpg

Edited by greasywheels121

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 08:21 AM)

There is no link yet. At this point it is all rumor and innuendo unfortunately. I can't wait until the names start becoming public though.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 08:45 AM)
I just saw a joke leaked page (page 13, so you can follow along if you like). It named Jeter as the guy in Florida who told him of the doctor, Pujols, Thome, Derek Lee, and Lidge as the anabolic steroid users and Thome was the one with the doctor in Colorado. It also said Tony Pena always had the supply of amphetamenes. The article really had me going until the last line which said "Grimsley described a conversation he had last year with his mother , a small acrobat, John Kruk's "fancy testicle" and Juan Pierre (AIDS).

Note, I put this in green because it was a JOKE, but it really got my heart going. It's sort of funny, maybe we can make a mad-libs game out of this.

Here is a copy of the SPOOFED leaked affadavit:

ohmy4fu.jpg

Ah, ok now it makes sense. Since last night, all my Cub fan buddies have been saying: "so, your boy Thome is a juicer". They claimed to have read a story on SI that listed the players that were named in this new leak and that Thome's name was on the list.

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 11:11 AM)
Bunch of interesting stuff on this link:

Says that the Feds pressured Grimsley to wear a wire to catch other players. He refused...

Also, apparently the twins are unwilling to trade torii hunter to the white sox

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/scor...ction=si_latest

Interesting about Hunter, I wonder what Minny was asking for?

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 05:42 PM)
Roger Clemens on steroids? HOW DARE YOU!! After all, when I suggested as much last week, everybody jumped on me. No way he could be doing something illegal!! :rolly

2 names in that thing are Clemens and Sosa, guaranteed just based on reading the affadavit. After that, who knows.....I can't wait to see what is behind that black marker though.

Roger's name was brought up last year so it's not really new news.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 01:07 PM)
Roger's name was brought up last year so it's not really new news.

Roger's name was brought up last year... Our very own Spataro51 cracked that story.

;)

Edited by AbeFroman

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 11:11 AM)
Bunch of interesting stuff on this link:

Says that the Feds pressured Grimsley to wear a wire to catch other players. He refused...

Also, apparently the twins are unwilling to trade torii hunter to the white sox

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/scor...ction=si_latest

It says the asking price is too high, not that they're unwilling to trade. In fact, it specifically states that they're willing to trade within the division.

Just some thoughts on this incident that I don't think have been expressed here.

The fact that the Feds wanted to wire Grimsley means they basically wanted to move him from being a 'rat' to being a 'mole'. This leads to the very distinct possibility that other players have gotten into a squeeze and the Feds have or will attempt the same with them. There could be moles in several clubhouses right now. Then, you get players wondering about their teammates. A team splintering lack of trust developes. Grab on to something and hold tight. It's gonna be a bumpy ride.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 11:07 AM)
Just some thoughts on this incident that I don't think have been expressed here.

The fact that the Feds wanted to wire Grimsley means they basically wanted to move him from being a 'rat' to being a 'mole'. This leads to the very distinct possibility that other players have gotten into a squeeze and the Feds have or will attempt the same with them. There could be moles in several clubhouses right now. Then, you get players wondering about their teammates. A team splintering lack of trust developes. Grab on to something and hold tight. It's gonna be a bumpy ride.

i just hope that it leads to bonds.

QUOTE(samclemens @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 10:46 AM)
i just hope that it leads to bonds.

No offense, but f*** Bonds. Everyone in the whole world knows Bonds was juiced. I don't give a s*** about Bonds anymore because we all know. What I want to know is who else. I want to konw if the 50% number was indeed true. I want to know who in management and ownership knew about this stuff. I want to know who is on the stuff today.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 11:18 AM)
Probably half the league.

I know that stimulants are pretty common in sports to keep the 'edge' - but that's stuff that's available OTC. So, meh.

The OTC stuff has been around hockey for years, taking a few sudafeds or the like before a game isn't uncommon.