Game Thread: 6/7/06. Sox-Tigers, Contreras-Verlander, 7:05 start

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JimH

What Contreras did in that AB to Ordonez is exactly what the whole team needs to do, and that is execute at key times. Sounds simple but it's a microcosm for the whole game and season. He pitched over a mistake and got a very good hitter out.

The White Sox are still not hitting on all cylinders ... not even close.

BTW I was away for a few minutes, what did Ozzie say about Cliff Politte in that little soundbyte? I came in right at the end of it.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 01:22 AM)
BTW I was away for a few minutes, what did Ozzie say about Cliff Politte in that little soundbyte? I came in right at the end of it.

He appreciated Cliff trying to pitch with pain, but all it does it lead to a worse injury, and it hurts the team.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 08:22 PM)

Said he was disappointed that he was playing hurt.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 08:23 PM)
The dreaded leadoff walk. MACK MUST SCORE HERE. Get him over, get him in. Don't let Cintron bunt.

Its not a dreaded leadoff walk for this team lately. It's more like a safety valve for a douple play.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 01:24 AM)
Mack should be pulled for Anderson right now. That's a joke, put in BA, I don't care if he can't hit.

If Ozzie's going to pull a Sox player for every mental lapse, we're going to have 3 guys on the field by the end of the game.