• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 09:08 PM)
Yes he did, he induced the ground ball.

The guy wouldn't have scored if he wouldn't have walked him either.

BTW isn't your sig way big? It's huge.

I'm not the only one with a large sig, but I don't think it's of astronomical proportions.

I guess Jose should strike EVERYONE out from now on, and then he won't get any blame when his infielders pull little leaguers.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 07:11 PM)
Who comes in next inning? Cotts?

Cora would have been out by 40 feet if Gomez fielded that.

The only pitcher who I want to see next inning other than Cotts will be Jenks if Cotts gets in trouble with 2 outs.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 09:09 PM)
You know I agree with you that the walks killed Contreras tonight. It goes to show you how much he's improved since when we first got him though.

Contreras is in line for the win and pitched his ass off today, has a Quality Start and only allowed two earned runs. He wasn't "killed" in any sense of the term. :P

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 09:11 PM)
Was crede dead if the lf doesn't bobble ball?

Depends on the throw by Gomez. If it's average or above average, he's a goner.

Pods k's on the sweeper. Gooch up with a man on 2nd and 2 outs.

EDIT: We go to the 8th up 4-3, and it'll be Thome/Konerko/Dye in the bottom half trying to add insurance for Jose (hopefully).

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 07:11 PM)

Put it this way...Brian Anderson would have had a better chance of going 7/7 in a ballgame than Crede would have had of scoring.

Guest JimH
I'm not the only one with a large sig, but I don't think it's of astronomical proportions.

I guess Jose should strike EVERYONE out from now on, and then he won't get any blame when his infielders pull little leaguers.

Cut the dramatics, let's face it, he walked guys tonite and it cost him.

Crede made a bonehead play, no doubt about it, but it's a team game and Contreras walked the guy and he ended up scoring.

As for your sig, yes it's huge. But whatever.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 09:11 PM)

If it was fielded cleanly by Gomez and thrown home, Wilson could have caught it and jogged halfway to 3rd and tagged Crede out.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 02:12 AM)
Contreras is in line for the win and pitched his ass off today, has a Quality Start and only allowed two earned runs. He wasn't "killed" in any sense of the term. :P

When great pitchers allow 3 runs in a game, and 2 are from walks, and the other was on a solo homer....you can say that's what killed his performance. If Pedro allowed 3 runs, and 2 of them were from walks, he'd say that his controlled let him down.