Game Thread: 6/7/06. Sox-Tigers, Contreras-Verlander, 7:05 start

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 08:18 PM)
Montero getting ahead of everyone, but I still hate having to put Agustin Montero in a game against Detroit in a 1 run ballgame...

It can't be Bmac and Cotts and THornton every night. One of Montero or Tracey is going to have to pitch quite a bit.

QUOTE(NYSox35 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 08:17 PM)
Let's talk about your 2-9, soon to be 2-10 record against the Elite teams in the AL.

Alright let's. Are we 2 and 9 against the AL elite? Yes. Doesn't mean we are a bad team per se, just that certain other teams are a little better right now. Face it we're struggling. We're not doing the little things that we did during the stretch where we won 15 of 16. Until we start doing those little things, it's gonna keep going like this no matter who we play.

QUOTE(tigerfan @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 02:20 AM)
Alright let's. Are we 2 and 9 against the AL elite? Yes. Doesn't mean we are a bad team per se, just that certain other teams are a little better right now. Face it we're struggling. We're not doing the little things that we did during the stretch where we won 15 of 16. Until we start doing those little things, it's gonna keep going like this no matter who we play.

I don't get his trash talking in the 8th inning of a one run ballgame.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 07:20 PM)
It can't be Bmac and Cotts and THornton every night. One of Montero or Tracey is going to have to pitch quite a bit.

Cotts didn't pitch yesterday and had an offday monday. He was plenty rested, he should have had the whole damn inning.

QUOTE(tigerfan @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 10:20 PM)

Ok, I'll give you credit...that was good analysis.

I thought you were just a Tigers homer.

Cotts into the game to face Granderson, who has already exited the facilities this evening.

1st pitch is....low I guess?? Ball 1. Cotts throws the cheese upstairs to even the count. Now a fastball that is.....outside I guess?? Ball 2, and this zone sucks. 2-1 is JUST high?? 3-1 count, this zone makes me think the ump has a Tigers tee on under his uniform.

3-1 is taken for a strike, full count and Wilson gets a head start from 1st. 3-2 pitch....GOT HIM!!! ON THE GAS!!! INNING OVER!!