Game Thread: 6/7/06. Sox-Tigers, Contreras-Verlander, 7:05 start

Guest JimH
^^^^^ Its good to see what these guys are made of sometimes. Once 1 hitter got on base, he was out of there.

Right, because Cotts vs. Granderson made sense. :huh

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 09:32 PM)
I realize he got the outs, but did he look good doing it? I wish I got home just a bit earlier so I could have watched. Was he locating his off-speed stuff or was it just the FB?

He was throwing strikes with all his pitches, but catching too much plate.

As for Zumaya....you don't want to rush him into closing guys, remember LaTroy Hawkins (in his prime, he had similar stuff).

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 12:33 PM)
leyland is a wise man, but if you're managing that team, doesn't Zumaya have to close ahead of Todd Freakin jones?

Jones doesn't have many blown saves IIRC, but his BAA and ERA have been brutal. He won't last much longer in the closer's role I'd say.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 08:33 PM)
leyland is a wise man, but if you're managing that team, doesn't Zumaya have to close ahead of Todd Freakin jones?

A lot of Tiger fans would agree with you on that, but Leyland is gonna stick with Jones till he gives him a reason to take him out of that position. He's blown 2 saves yes, but the fact is he's 16 of 18 overall. Doesn't matter how he's got em, the bottom line is he's gotten it done for the most part.

Edited by tigerfan