Game Thread: 6/7/06. Sox-Tigers, Contreras-Verlander, 7:05 start

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JimH
Yeah too bad it went against us... yet again. I'm getting sick of this. It's the same damn thing every game lately.

Well I disagree and I do not empathize. Tigers are having a good year, your team has good talent, it's on the way up for the most part. Take pride in how far your team has come.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 08:40 PM)
Well I disagree and I do not empathize. Tigers are having a good year, your team has good talent, it's on the way up for the most part. Take pride in how far your team has come.

I see your point, but it's frustrating to see us throw away games we should have won. We've done that 5 times in the last week. We should be up by a lot more then just half a game right now.

QUOTE(tigerfan @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 07:43 PM)
I see your point, but it's frustrating to see us throw away games we should have won. We've done that 5 times in the last week. We should be up by a lot more then just half a game right now.

We've done that probably 10-15 times this year already.

QUOTE(tigerfan @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 10:43 PM)

We won the game...

In my opinion the two botched plays cancel themselves out.

Was Jermaine's HR a Giveaway? Thome's?

I guess Curtis' was too then...

QUOTE(tigerfan @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 09:46 PM)
That's part of what frustrates me too. With the way you guys were playing before we came in here, we could have gone up at least 3 games had we won the games we had a chance to win.

With the way you guys were playing you could get swept. If you're gonna look at it one way make sure you don't forget the other.

Guest JimH

The upshot to this whole thing is, it's a long season. Not wise to get too high or too low after a win or loss.

White Sox have generally done a good job staying on an even keel, even while not playing particularly good baseball. Tigers will continue to learn that under Leyland.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 08:48 PM)
With the way you guys were playing you could get swept. If you're gonna look at it one way make sure you don't forget the other.

Oh believe me I know that. I don't like it, but I have a feeling it may happen.

QUOTE(tigerfan @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 09:51 PM)
Oh believe me I know that. I don't like it, but I have a feeling it may happen.

Take hope -- Garland is pitching, and he'll either play the role of Judy or Jon, and depending on that, you'll either sink or swim.