Game Thread: 6/7/06. Sox-Tigers, Contreras-Verlander, 7:05 start

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 07:51 PM)
Anderson's bat vs. Verlander's fast ball right now? Mack isn't that good right now either, but at least he might make contact.

Seems like he can only hit a fastball. Case in point: King Felix.

QUOTE(Ndgt10 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 07:53 PM)
Atleast Iguchi didn't strike out looking...as has been the case a lot recently.

I don't know which is worse. Striking out looking on a close pitch, or chasing ball four.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 07:52 PM)
DL, he's been hurting all year. He's also facing domestic abuse charges or something like that.

So social retardation runs in their family, between him and his brother, is what you're saying?

That was a disgrace with Gooch and Thome. They're almost as bad as Pierzynski right now at batting in runs.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 12:53 AM)
Score should be easily, easily 3-1 right now. But this team sucks at doing the little things.

You conveniently forget that the Tigers had 1st and 3rd, no outs...and didn't score.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 12:54 AM)
Seems like he can only hit a fastball. Case in point: King Felix.

In a way, I wish that game never happened. Of course, it was great for the team to win that game, and for Anderson to contribute. However, it seems nothing more than a fluke.

Hey Greg, I'd recommend that you remove Billy Koch from that list. He didn't light the world on fire with us like he had in Oakland, but he was likely suffering from that Mystery Muscle Disorder that's ravaged him, and, in my view, he at least had some reason to have fallen to pieces unlike others who just didn't have much talent.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 07:55 PM)
You conveniently forget that the Tigers had 1st and 3rd, no outs...and didn't score.

This is true. I should have said "We should easily, easily have three runs right now."

I did forget about that 2 on no out for the Kitties, my mistake.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 05:56 PM)
In a way, I wish that game never happened. Of course, it was great for the team to win that game, and for Anderson to contribute. However, it seems nothing more than a fluke.

I love how you've decided that the kid has no present or future ability to ever produce based on his first 200 at bats.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 07:57 PM)
Hey Greg, I'd recommend that you remove Billy Koch from that list. He didn't light the world on fire with us like he had in Oakland, but he was likely suffering from that Mystery Muscle Disorder that's ravaged him, and, in my view, he at least had some reason to have fallen to pieces unlike others who just didn't have much talent.

I will consider it. He still sort of acted like a little b**** as he was falling apart saying he deserved to be the closer.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 12:58 AM)
I love how you've decided that the kid has no present or future ability to ever produce based on his first 200 at bats.

No....I think he has a great frame to turn into a productive hitter. However, the expectations for him this year were greatly enhanced after that game. Right now though....he's as bad of a major league hitter I've seen in a while.