Game Thread: 6/7/06. Sox-Tigers, Contreras-Verlander, 7:05 start

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it could be a lot worse than 2 for Detroit right now.....but it could be a lot more than 1 for us. It's pretty obvious that neither of the 2 teams are playing well at all at the moment, hopefully we can keep fighting and get another win here.

Guest JimH
Please leave. Teams have their own message boards for a purpose.

Well ... I understand your sentiment but this guy has been nothing but respectful IMO.

He seems like he's just here to talk baseball, not troll.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 08:04 PM)
By the end of June, if he's still not sharp, then I'll become concerned.

I wonder what is causing his problems lately. Ever since the DL stint, he hasn't looked like the old Jose.

Well ... I understand your sentiment but this guy has been nothing but respectful IMO.

He seems like he's just here to talk baseball, not troll.

Then why does he only post when the Tigers are doing well?

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 08:05 PM)
I wonder what is causing his problems lately. Ever since the DL stint, he hasn't looked like the old Jose.

He hasn't had his forkball, and this goes back to before he was on the DL. He really hasn't had his forkball all year with the exception of his first 3 starts or so, making his numbers even more impressive.

Guest JimH
Then why does he only post when the Tigers are doing well?

That's not true actually, I'm not defending this guy at all but I have seen him post when the Tigers are getting their ass kicked.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 01:05 AM)

It's never easy to come roaring right back from a back injury. I hope you didn't expect a sub 2 ERA all season.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 08:06 PM)
He hasn't had his forkball, and this goes back to before he was on the DL. He really hasn't had his forkball all year with the exception of his first 3 starts or so, making his numbers even more impressive.

Hmm, I hope he can fix this problem. He is so dominant with his forkball working. I hope Coop can get him right again.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 08:07 PM)
It's never easy to come roaring right back from a back injury. I hope you didn't expect a sub 2 ERA all season.

No, I did not. But he just hasn't looked himself. I notice a lot more 3-2 counts than before, and more walks.

I remember before he would shut the guys down and would rarely get to full counts.

DYE!