ST Poll: Which position player is most deserving of being an All-Star?

greasywheels121

Dye has been lighting everything up lately and has been carrying us the last couple games, but i believe Thome is the most deserving. Earlier in the year when we swept Detroit away, Thome had 3 homers throughout the series. Pauly doesnt seem to be able to get the hits when we need them adn Thome has been there bringing in the runs or beating the shift almost everytime. Also Thome's average with runners in scoring position is above 400 (i believe) Dye is the man, but i think Thome deserves it

w/RISP:

Thome - (19-43), 7HR, 33RBI, .442/.571/1.000/1.571

Dye - (17-44), 7HR, 31RBI, .386/.482/.909/1.391

w/RISP & 2 outs:

Thome - (6-18), 2HR, 8RBI, .333/.429/.667/1.095

Dye - (11-24), 4HR, 18RBI, .458/.581/.958/1.539

They're incredibly similar w/ RISP but Dye is far superior w/ RISP & 2 outs though he does have more chances.

I think Dye is the most deserving, but I think Tadahito Iguchi has the best shot at getting the votes to start judging from past support of online balloteers from overseas coming out to support Asian players.

Well, that and the only real competition he has is Robinson Cano who I don't think is as good a player nor is putting up as good a stat line, he is only in front because he is a f***ing Yankee.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 09:52 PM)
IMO, he's not even an All-Star this season, depending of course on how many closers will be taken.

Papelbon (by far, he's been unreal) and Ryan (who Bobby has more saves than) are the only AL closers ahead of him on the depth chart right now IMO, so I think he'll go.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 10:23 PM)
Papelbon (by far, he's been unreal) and Ryan (who Bobby has more saves than) are the only AL closers ahead of him on the depth chart right now IMO, so I think he'll go.

Rivera is a shoe in plus Nathan despite the low save total is having a great year (better all around stats than Jenks) also Wickman could very well be the only rep for the Indians again this year with Varitek, Mauer and possibly Hernandez/Posada taking up the all the catcher spots and Sabathia being to fat to fly to Pitt.