Brady Clark

Steve9347

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 12:25 PM)
Exactly, the only thing that worries me is his switching from the NL to the AL in the middle of the season. Over his 8 year career he's played for 3 different NL teams and finally becomming a good every day player when finally landing with the Brewers in '03 at the age of 30. Could he handle the American League?

One can only hope he adjusts like Podsednik. They are from very similar situations...Podsednik was drafted by Texas, then wound up in Seattle, made his way to Milwaukee and was a solid player at a later age. He has handled the transition from Milwaukee to Chicago extremely well.

There is one thing about last year's offense that this year's doesn't have yet, and that's a lineup with no easy out - and last year's offense didn't have it until August-September through October. Clark would sure as hell help that out a hell of a lot.

KW, jump on it, jump on it, jump on it

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hooray, an option that fits and is realistic on all levels. Hopefully Kenny gets it done, I'd love to see this play out.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jun 7, 2006 -> 10:46 PM)
He sounds no better than Mack to me.

.282 right now, one homer (no power), 11 rbis (sucks for 181 at bats) and

one steal.

What value is he? Play Anderson over this guy.

He's 10 times faster than Mack, he's 10 times better in CF than Mack (speed, jumps, and arm), he has a solid average (.282), very good OBP (.384), and that 102 point split between the 2 is a level where he's still getting on base quite a bit even if the average dips a bit. He also has more walks (25) than k's (23) and can play the corners on occasion if needed for some reason. This is also a realistic option that would be plausible and could happen. Plus, remember the last CF we got in a trade from the Brew Crew? ;)

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 03:46 AM)
He sounds no better than Mack to me.

.282 right now, one homer (no power), 11 rbis (sucks for 181 at bats) and

one steal.

What value is he? Play Anderson over this guy.

I've been in Anderson's corner all year. Yet he needs some consistent AB's to get his swing right which he can't get with the Sox. He can get those in AAA. The Sox aren't in the position to let a guy take his lumps at the major league level.

As far as Brady's value--his RH bat, his better CF defense than Mack, decent avg and high OBP [which I believe is over .370]. He's also versatile, playing LF and RF. Looking at his Sac. Hit numbers, it looks like he can bunt as well [which the sox can always use a decent situational hitter]. The sox don't need him for his power. They need a guy who can give them good ab's and play solid defense. Brady may be that guy

QUOTE(beck72 @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 04:35 AM)
I've been in Anderson's corner all year. Yet he needs some consistent AB's to get his swing right which he can't get with the Sox. He can get those in AAA. The Sox aren't in the position to let a guy take his lumps at the major league level.

As far as Brady's value--his RH bat, his better CF defense than Mack, decent avg and high OBP [which I believe is over .370]. He's also versatile, playing LF and RF. Looking at his Sac. Hit numbers, it looks like he can bunt as well [which the sox can always use a decent situational hitter]. The sox don't need him for his power. They need a guy who can give them good ab's and play solid defense. Brady may be that guy

Probably not the best choice of sentences to use the abbreviation for sacrifice.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 08:45 AM)
If we could steal Clark and maybe Matt Wise away from the Brew Crew, this team could have a few less holes...

Dammit Tony! I was just about to suggest Matt Wise! We aren't going to get Turnbow and Kolb walks too many hitters, even though is ERA is excellent. Two birds with one stone and I still think you get both with a top and a middle ranked prospect.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 11:58 AM)
Dammit Tony! I was just about to suggest Matt Wise! We aren't going to get Turnbow and Kolb walks too many hitters, even though is ERA is excellent. Two birds with one stone and I still think you get both with a top and a middle ranked prospect.

You mean like here?

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...5entry1164265

Give me Brady Clark or Lew Ford, and I'm a happy man.

Why anyone would want Lew Ford is beyond me, unless they're lonesome for Dave Gallagher.

Have any of you guys ever seen him play? He brings NOTHING to the table...5th OFer at best. He's a poor man's Eric Byrnes.

Just because he gets a few clutch hits against us doesn't make him a good player.

Now Brady Clark is a good idea. Lew Ford? Christ, you might as well keep running BA out there while saving your prospects.

QUOTE(ThinWhiteDuque @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 05:35 PM)
Why anyone would want Lew Ford is beyond me, unless they're lonesome for Dave Gallagher.

Have any of you guys ever seen him play? He brings NOTHING to the table...5th OFer at best. He's a poor man's Eric Byrnes.

Just because he gets a few clutch hits against us doesn't make him a good player.

Now Brady Clark is a good idea. Lew Ford? Christ, you might as well keep running BA out there while saving your prospects.

Lew Ford has a career 106 OPS+ that's better than Brady Clark (100) Torii Hunter (100) and Aaron Rowand (103). Why the hate for Lew? The guy put up a .827 OPS playing semi-fulltime in '04. Just because the guy is a Twin and his smirk makes you want to smack the s*** out of him doesn't mean he sucks.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 07:07 PM)
Lew Ford has a career 106 OPS+ that's better than Brady Clark (100) Torii Hunter (100) and Aaron Rowand (103). Why the hate for Lew? The guy put up a .827 OPS playing semi-fulltime in '04. Just because the guy is a Twin and his smirk makes you want to smack the s*** out of him doesn't mean he sucks.

Would you be able to watch a game if Lew Ford was on this team? Would you just close your eyes everytime he came up to bat?

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 07:10 PM)
Would you be able to watch a game if Lew Ford was on this team? Would you just close your eyes everytime he came up to bat?

Honestly, I f***ing hate the guy so I'm not sure I'd be able to adjust right away to seeing him in a Sox uni. The first time he smirks on the Sox, he's done forever in my book.

Cool Lew caught a fish!!!

3sdnuklw3ck.jpg

70616wb.jpg

Don't you just want to kick my ass?

Edited by Kalapse

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 12:07 AM)

After seeing the trash we currently have in CF, I can't imagine how anyone wouldn't want Ford on our team. He's not a superstar....but at least his a major league outfielder.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 11:07 PM)
After seeing the trash we currently have in CF, I can't imagine how anyone wouldn't want Ford on our team. He's not a superstar....but at least his a major league outfielder.

Get someone who can catch a f***ing fly ball and not make an adventure out of it.

Then send our sinkerballer that gives up flyballs like they are on sale to the pen.

QUOTE(beautox @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 04:19 AM)
What would it take to get both Brady Clark & Matt Wise? and would it be possible to give them Politte once he comes off the DL (retroactive to June 5th)?

Considering what it cost to get Pods and Vizcaino, I would say that the Brewers would want a lot. The Brewers still think that they're in the pennant race, so I can't see them making that trade yet.

I heard rumblings of a Clark-to-ChiSox deal on a Brewer site, so I came here to see what you guys think.

Glad to hear that your fans of Brady. Most of your impressions of him are right on...

He's a hard worker and plays the game with everything he's got

He is a solid defender

He gets on base at a good rate, even when his bat fails him. (he's a pull hitter. When he kept trying to use the entire field earlier this year his BA really suffered, but at least kept drawing walks)

A couple of misconceptions I've seen

While he is a decent baserunner on balls in play, he is a HORRIBLE base stealer. (Note: Prince Fielder and Carlos Lee each have more than double his steals, and neither has been caught as much either)

His OF arm is decent, but nothing to rave about.

And finally as to including Matt Wise in the deal... I would really doubt it. The Brewer bullpen is in complete shambles right now. I can not see any circumstances in which the Crew would trade a bullpen guy without getting an better guy in return.

Thanks for Carlos Lee. Keep enjoying SPod (I miss him). Hope to see your in the World Series soon.

QUOTE(brewerbacker @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 03:15 PM)
I heard rumblings of a Clark-to-ChiSox deal on a Brewer site, so I came here to see what you guys think.

Glad to hear that your fans of Brady. Most of your impressions of him are right on...

He is a solid defender

He gets on base at a good rate, even when his bat fails him. (he's a pull hitter. When he kept trying to use the entire field earlier this year his BA really suffered, but at least kept drawing walks)

While he is a decent baserunner on balls in play, he is a HORRIBLE base stealer. (Note: Prince Fielder and Carlos Lee each have more than double his steals, and neither has been caught as much either)

And finally as to including Matt Wise in the deal... I would really doubt it. The Brewer bullpen is in complete shambles right now. I can not see any circumstances in which the Crew would trade a bullpen guy without getting an better guy in return.

Thanks for Carlos Lee. Keep enjoying SPod (I miss him). Hope to see your in the World Series soon.

Good s*** right here.

What would you say are the chances of Brady getting traded in general? Is it something that has a realistic chance of happening or just more internet rumblings that never lead to anything?

QUOTE(brewerbacker @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 08:15 PM)

He is a solid defender

In your opinion, would Clark be available? And what would the Brewers be looking at in return?

QUOTE(beck72 @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 03:19 PM)
In your opinion, would Clark be available? And what would the Brewers be looking at in return?

I listed this in another thread, but I'll repeat here.

In my opinion, I think Brady not only would be available, but should be dealt once JJ Hardy is off the DL. Then we move Bill Hall to CF when we face righties. When we take on lefties, Hall moves to 3B (Koskie can't hit southpaws) and Cory Hart moves to CF. Gabe Gross could also platoon in center against righties if Hall needs a day off or gets put in some other IF position.

Other teams I've heard rumored are the Yanks and Angels. But a trade to the ChiSox seems to be the one that most Brewer fans thinks makes sense.

The Brewers would, without a doubt, be looking for pitching. With Sheets and Ohka on the DL, are starting rotation is thin. Our bullpen is also a wreck (partially due to a lack of starting, which has strained the pen arms). Starters or relievers, the Crew will be asking for arms.

QUOTE(brewerbacker @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 01:45 PM)
I listed this in another thread, but I'll repeat here.

In my opinion, I think Brady not only would be available, but should be dealt once JJ Hardy is off the DL. Then we move Bill Hall to CF when we face righties. When we take on lefties, Hall moves to 3B (Koskie can't hit southpaws) and Cory Hart moves to CF. Gabe Gross could also platoon in center against righties if Hall needs a day off or gets put in some other IF position.

Other teams I've heard rumored are the Yanks and Angels. But a trade to the ChiSox seems to be the one that most Brewer fans thinks makes sense.

The Brewers would, without a doubt, be looking for pitching. With Sheets and Ohka on the DL, are starting rotation is thin. Our bullpen is also a wreck (partially due to a lack of starting, which has strained the pen arms). Starters or relievers, the Crew will be asking for arms.

Yeah, the Yanks minor league system right now is still garbage, and the Angels haven't been willing to trade any of their young guys.

If you were the GM, would you take a ML ready knuckleballer with an ERA around 2 in AAA for Clark straight up?