Coulter calls 9/11 widows "witches"

whitesoxfan101

Coulter has this whole thing fraimed wrong. It i sbecause of the death of these people that the widows were spured into action. THis happens everywhere! SOmeone get's shot on you rblock, you start a neighboorhood watch program. SOmeon dies of cancer, you do cancer walks. It's simple. tragic events spur people into action!

Richard Roeper calls out Coulters errors in logic (this is a few years old, but points to how she workd)...

Ann Coulter, it's time to meet the truth police

Coulter's 'Slander' a lazy mix of errors, invective

Best quote:

Coulter reminds me of the little girl in "Hey Arnold!" who shouts in Arnold's face that she hates him--though she secretly loves him. Maybe that's how Ann feels about liberals. Maybe deep down, she's got a crush on us. It's kinda cute.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 04:04 PM)
O'Reilly hosts coulter, defends her.

Other Republicans' rise to Coulter's defense.

(You can usually just skip down to the bottom of those articles, they put the full text in the lower parts.)

And by 'Republicans', you are not referring to anyone currently in office, right? Hannity, someone from Fox News, etc is what you are saying, right? Painting with a broad brush again, I see. Or maybe you were assuming that since Republicans didn't rush out to condemn her, that it implies support of her words? That surely can't be the case, can it? Otherwise, Democrats would never get anything done, having to spend all their time condemning what others do who happen to have Democrat as their political affiliaton. ”Does this mean that you agree with (insert leftist name) when he/she attacked Republicans with the following statement (insert radical lib over the top statement here)? Your silence means that you agree.

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 04:41 PM)
And by 'Republicans', you are not referring to anyone currently in office, right? Hannity, someone from Fox News, etc is what you are saying, right? Painting with a broad brush again, I see. Or maybe you were assuming that since Republicans didn't rush out to condemn her, that it implies support of her words? That surely can't be the case, can it? Otherwise, Democrats would never get anything done, having to spend all their time condemning what others do who happen to have Democrat as their political affiliaton. ”Does this mean that you agree with (insert leftist name) when he/she attacked Republicans with the following statement (insert radical lib over the top statement here)? Your silence means that you agree.

Mary Matalin, former counsel to Vice President Cheney and assistant to President Bush, and current Treasurer of the campaign of Repub. Presidential Hopeful George Allen (and wife of James Carville btw) refusing to condemn Coulter and arguing that the outrage is misplaced.

IMUS: What did you make of the Ann Counter deal?

MATLIN: I take her larger point that in the absence of being able to make persuasive arguments you throw out messengers that — can’t be — it’s politically incorrection to argue with, you know the verbiage is a little, a little stressful.

IMUS: So you thought her comments about these women…

MATLIN: I take her larger point, which is —

IMUS: Why can’t you comment on her calling these women harpies.

MATLIN: Because that’s not her point. That’s completely not her point.

IMUS: Well no, but saying that they were happy their husbands got killed and were going to divorce them. And yeah, that they’re getting long in the tooth. Maybe they ought to think about appearing in Playboy, which is an option.

MATLIN: What do you think about her point? Her point that you can’t — you know Cindy Sheehan — if you throw yourself in the political arena, then you should be able to address political issues, and people should be able to speak back to you.

IMUS: I agree with her point.

MATLIN: Well, then that’s what I agree with.

IMUS: But i think it’s repugnant and repulsive and gutless to, and cheap and cheesey to call these women all these names. I mean, whether it’s right or not, it’s just something there’s just. You don’t go there.

MATLIN: That’s her stock and trade.

IMUS: But i’m surprised that you won’t condemn her for these repugnant remarks.

MATLIN: I don’t know her. I haven’t read the book.

IMUS: You don’t have to know her. You know what Hitler did. Did you you him? You condemn what he did.

MATLIN: Are you comparing her to Hitler?

IMUS: No, I’m not. Of course not.

MATLIN: This is the point. This is complete the point she’s making. These lefty crazy people go around calling us [unintelligible] and Hitlers and Nazis and everything and nobody say anything. She calls somebody a harpy and you’d think that the whole world was on fire.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 07:43 PM)
Mary Matalin, former counsel to Vice President Cheney and assistant to President Bush, and current Treasurer of the campaign of Repub. Presidential Hopeful George Allen (and wife of James Carville btw) refusing to condemn Coulter and arguing that the outrage is misplaced.

Who doesn't hold on office... :bang

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 04:54 AM)
Colter is one of those conservatives that conservatives wish would just stfu.

That some Conservatives wish would STFU. There are millions who buy her books, visit her website and defend her on Talk Radio.

Conservatives aren't above liking her anymore than Liberals are above picking up Cindy Sheehan or Noam Chomsky.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 12:43 AM)

While I think Coulter is a b****, I think Matlin's point was spot on. You yourself are condemning her for not condemning Coulter. And as ss2k pointed out, she also doesn't hold an elected office.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 08:51 AM)
Cindy Sheehan gets more publicity these days from the right wing attacking her than from anything else she does. A lot of us stopped caring about her a long time ago.

Ann Coulter gets more publicity these days from the left wing attacking her than from anything else she does. A lot of us stopped caring about her a long time ago.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 04:51 PM)
Rollins is awesome!!!

He was awesome when he was the lead singer of Black Flag. But he's not so awesome as a political commentator.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 11:49 AM)
Ann Coulter gets more publicity these days from the left wing attacking her than from anything else she does. A lot of us stopped caring about her a long time ago.

Which, of course, is why she's constantly on MSNBC, Fox News, and now even NBC.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 01:56 PM)
Which, of course, is why she's constantly on MSNBC, Fox News, and now even NBC.

I'd venture to say in many of these cases, you get more people from the opposite side of the aisle looking to jump on her every word, versus people from the same side of the aisle who actually view her as relevant.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 11:59 AM)
I'd venture to say in many of these cases, you get more people from the opposite side of the aisle looking to jump on her every word, versus people from the same side of the aisle who actually view her as relevant.

^^^

It's a shame that Coulter has to act like such a spiteful, sadistic b****. She's incredibly bright/witty and has written some very good columns in the past. But she's reduced herself to this ultra-polarizing figure that nobody takes seriously anymore.

I saw this monday night when i was flipping channels (I don't like hannity, so i really don't watch), but there was a guy from New Jersey (assemblyman Michael Panter) who wantes to have Couter's book banned. Sounded kinda funny coming from a liberal. Guess he can't stand all that free speech and all. I'm sure on eof the rightward blogs or websites will have a link about it, but I don't.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 07:11 PM)
You got that right. It ( I cant tell if it's really male or female ) looks like a drag queen.

:D

Now that's just rude. Drag queens are way hotter.

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 12:07 AM)
I saw this monday night when i was flipping channels (I don't like hannity, so i really don't watch), but there was a guy from New Jersey (assemblyman Michael Panter) who wantes to have Couter's book banned. Sounded kinda funny coming from a liberal. Guess he can't stand all that free speech and all. I'm sure on eof the rightward blogs or websites will have a link about it, but I don't.

Michael Panter is a tool.

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 04:07 AM)

Here is one of many links Banning Ann