Coulter calls 9/11 widows "witches"

whitesoxfan101

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this monday night when i was flipping channels (I don't like hannity, so i really don't watch), but there was a guy from New Jersey (assemblyman Michael Panter) who wantes to have Couter's book banned. Sounded kinda funny coming from a liberal. Guess he can't stand all that free speech and all. I'm sure on eof the rightward blogs or websites will have a link about it, but I don't.

Ha a liberal wanting to ban someones book that is priceless. I guess the 1st amendment freedom of speech only applies to liberal causes. She better call the ACLU

There's a big difference by asking retailers not to carry a book and asking for the banning of the sale of that book.

But if this where a liberal book they would crying a thousand tears including dialing up the ACLU to make sure it didn't happen.

Dude, that's total bulls*** and you know it.

There are plenty of "conservative boycotts" of products, tv stations, stores, cars, theme parks, etc because of their political agenda. Calling for a boycott may make you a douche, and I think in this case it does - but it doesn't mean you're calling for censorship, which is truly a different animal altogether.

They shouldn't ban the book.

They should put her on TV with the 9/11 wives and let them own Ann (I accidentally typed Ass instead of Ann originally -- Freudian slip? :P :D ) in a public debate where they get to show the world she is a factless, baseless vitriolic momo who spews s*** for the sake of pandering to morons who don't do fact-checking.

They shouldn't ban the book.

They should put her on TV with the 9/11 wives and let them own Ann (I accidentally typed Ass instead of Ann originally -- Freudian slip? :P :D ) in a public debate where they get to show the world she is a factless, baseless vitriolic momo who spews s*** for the sake of pandering to morons who don't do fact-checking.

I am in total agreement I can't stand her as well in fact she needs some serious medical treatment.

Dude, that's total bulls*** and you know it.

There are plenty of "conservative boycotts" of products, tv stations, stores, cars, theme parks, etc because of their political agenda. Calling for a boycott may make you a douche, and I think in this case it does - but it doesn't mean you're calling for censorship, which is truly a different animal altogether.

You are right cenorship is totally different from a boycott. But I believe the word that was used was Banned.

Ann Coulter's criticism of 9/11 widows, whose only desire since the attacks have been to repair their shattered lives and protect other families from the horrors they have experienced, is motivated purely by petty greed and hate.... Coulter's vicious characterizations and remarks are motivated by greed and her desire to sell books . . . She is a leech trying to turn a profit off perverting the suffering of others. No one in New Jersey should buy this book and allow Ann Coulter to profit from her hate-mongering. We are asking New Jersey retailers statewide to stand with us and express their outrage by refusing to carry or sell copies of Coulter's book. Her hate-filled attacks on our 9/11 widows has no place on New Jersey bookshelves.

Where did the assemblywomen use the word ban? The word "ban" implies that selling the book would be a violation of law. The only time the word ban was used was in the headline and the lead graph of a Newsmax article. When I worked at my local paper, if I tried to term what they were saying as an attempt at a ban, I'd be told to rewrite the lead responsibly.

saw this monday night when i was flipping channels (I don't like hannity, so i really don't watch), but there was a guy from New Jersey (assemblyman Michael Panter) who wantes to have Couter's book banned. Sounded kinda funny coming from a liberal. Guess he can't stand all that free speech and all. I'm sure on eof the rightward blogs or websites will have a link about it, but I don't.

That is what I read