Oz, best manager in ball, on Maggs

greg775

Did you see this comment from Oz in the Sun Times when asked if Maggs should be an

all-star reserve? I had to love his loyalty to his Sox.

"The numbers are there, the opportunity is there, yeah,'' Guillen said. ''But if I have to pick between Maggs -- or anybody else -- in front of my players, it will be a tough call because I have to pick my players.''

Maggs went on to say he'd love to play for Ozzie in the all star game.

Is there any question Ozzie is the freshest face in baseball in decades? You have to love this guy.

And it's going to be great to see Dye, et. all in the all star game with Ozz adding the reserves.

Another reason the All-Star game should not decide home field advantage in the series.

The whole thing is a joke, just slightly more competitive than the versions put on by the NBA and NFL.

Look, I'm all for a little nepotism (or whatever is the case here), but the All-Star game should be about merit. The White Sox players got all the accolades they deserved during the offseason. They had a parade. They had fawning media. They got laid by hotter chicks.

They don't need undeserved all-star bids.

I realize this isn't what Ozzie said in this interview, but lets assume that he pulls a Joe Torre and fills the lineup with less deserving Sox. He has said as much in other interviews.

They don't deserve undeserved bids, but guys who might get ignored, like Dye, and AJ, now

will get in the game.

For sure. I'm not upset with Ozzie--just MLB for pretending this game means something.

That would not be right, chi, but adding Freddie, Dye, Konerko and AJ and maybe Crede would be OK.

No way those guys would get named by Torre.

Thome would be in obviously with any skipper and Jenks likely too, but that's it.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 12:34 AM)
Jose too. Why not Freddie?

FREDDY. 4.56 ERA, 1.33 WHIP, .274 BAA 46K, 18BB. That's incredibly pedestrian.

If Freddy goes then I demand Kris Benson and John Koronka also get bids.

Freddy's had a wonderful thing called run support. Needs to pick it up.

ATM, Dye, Konerko, Thome, Iguchi, Crede all could end up on the team. Mark, Jose and Bobby as well. So we could end up with around 8 players possibly, depending on the voting and what Ozzie decides to do. He could even pick guys like A.J and Pods as well.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 12:21 AM)
Did you see this comment from Oz in the Sun Times when asked if Maggs should be an

all-star reserve? I had to love his loyalty to his Sox.

"The numbers are there, the opportunity is there, yeah,'' Guillen said. ''But if I have to pick between Maggs -- or anybody else -- in front of my players, it will be a tough call because I have to pick my players.''

Maggs went on to say he'd love to play for Ozzie in the all star game.

Is there any question Ozzie is the freshest face in baseball in decades? You have to love this guy.

And it's going to be great to see Dye, et. all in the all star game with Ozz adding the reserves.

LOL! Wow now maggs is kissing our asses?! That sob gave us s*** saying that he didn't want to play for Ozzie, thought that he were trying to sabotage his career. He also said that we didn't seem to care about winning. Now were World Champs. Magglio can go f*** off in my opinion. :finger

Edited by WinningUgly85

One thing to consider is that Ozzie might not have the flexibility to include all of our guys that he would want. There has to be a representative from each team, and with 7 Yankees/Red Sox projected to start right now, that won't be easy.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 11:21 AM)
I have no hard feelings towards Maggs. s*** was said on both sides, and unlike Frank, both sides have now apoligized and moved on. Maggs was a class act until the mysterious injuries in 2004.

Yea...It's such a shame that Kenny can't be an adult on the matter of Frank.

contreras

konerko

thome

dye

jenks

they deserve in, mark beurhle too, but not any one else

aj no, because joe maur and posada are deservedly still better this year

crede no. lowell is actually having a good year in b-town, and ozzie will have to lay some guys off to fit someone in from every team