Tigers @ White Sox, Game Thread

NYSox35

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(beautox @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 08:19 PM)
:lolhitting , i remember watching BBTN at the very begining of the season and Gammons was making some outlandish comparison like that with regards to Shelton.

haha isnt that the nick name ed and singleton gave him too?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 01:18 AM)
Pitchers somehow settle in all the time when an offense lets them off the hook. Jphat, I know you're going to argue this because it has a shred of negativity towards the Sox, but it's a normal occurance in baseball.

Rogers twins, J. Moyer, did the same thing vs the Sox this year. We hit him hard in the first inning, and scored some runs. However, we left on a couple of guys in scoring position, and we struggled against him the rest of the game.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 08:21 PM)
haha isnt that the nick name ed and singleton gave him too?

im not sure i don't listen to ed and singleton that much.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 07:18 PM)
Pitchers somehow settle in all the time when an offense lets them off the hook. Jphat, I know you're going to argue this because it has a shred of negativity towards the Sox, but it's a normal occurance in baseball.

Well what happens if Joe gets out with runners on 2nd and 3rd. What if that pumps Kenny Rogers because he got out of a big situation? The same thing might happen. He might 'settle in'. We've won a lot of big games with Joey wavin em in, and I can't remember many games he lost because he did it.

QUOTE(Ndgt10 @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 08:20 PM)
I love Cintron and he plays good D, but damn his throwing motion freaks me out every time.

i agree w/u 100%. i thought i was the only one that got freaked out by the way he throw. it seems like its gunna be an error everytime

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 08:23 PM)
Well what happens if Joe gets out with runners on 2nd and 3rd. What if that pumps Kenny Rogers because he got out of a big situation? The same thing might happen. He might 'settle in'. We've won a lot of big games with Joey wavin em in, and I can't remember many games he lost because he did it.

Are the stats in your sig from April?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 07:21 PM)
Rogers twins, J. Moyer, did the same thing vs the Sox this year. We hit him hard in the first inning, and scored some runs. However, we left on a couple of guys in scoring position, and we struggled against him the rest of the game.

Exactly. So going up against a good pitcher who normally does pretty well against you, wouldn't you want to be agressive and try to get all the runs you can? THey ahad a good relay play. A hell of a lot of times it isn't a good relay play.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 07:24 PM)
Are the stats in your sig from April?

I updated sometime a thte end of may.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 01:24 AM)
Exactly. So going up against a good pitcher who normally does pretty well against you, wouldn't you want to be agressive and try to get all the runs you can? THey ahad a good relay play. A hell of a lot of times it isn't a good relay play.

I didn't see the play, so I'm not sure what to think.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 08:22 PM)
nice job by garland, it seems that the tigers only hit hr's, they havent done a good job scoring runs w/out the long ball in this series

That reminds me of a certain team from a few years ago.

You know what I just realized? I feel the same way the Yankees' fans did when Rowand played well against them last year. I see this great player in a position which is extremely weak for us, and I really want him on our team.