Tigers @ White Sox, Game Thread

NYSox35

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 08:59 PM)
No question which starter will be packaged away in off season, with any luck! :pray

Not Garland. Hard to package a pile of crap for anything else in return.

Talk about a bad contract. Williams has to be kicking himself over the prospect of having that gopher machine pitching on this team for two more seasons.

Garland HAS had good stuff the past couple starts which is encouraging. The difference is just that he keeps having these BRUTAL mental lapses that are killing him.

Another reminder for people, half this board was ready to ship Contreras out at the trade deadline last year, he wouldnt even make the postseason rotation. We know Jon has the stuff to be at worst a mediocre pitcher, and with a mediocre 5th starter who just wont get the ball in the postseason, I am feeling pretty confident in this team.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 09:03 PM)
That one good year resulted in a World championship, chicago's first since

1846. For that I like him and give him a break until he starts the season

0-9 like the Royals' s*** ass pitchers. Shoot me. I like him.

A broken watch is right twice a day! That would be J.Garland in a nutshell.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 09:03 PM)
Not Garland. Hard to package a pile of crap for anything else in return.

Talk about a bad contract. Williams has to be kicking himself over the prospect of having that gopher machine pitching on this team for two more seasons.

Some fool GM will take a flyer that one good yr and drool for JG and the be very disappointed!

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE(illinilaw08 @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 09:04 PM)
Another reminder for people, half this board was ready to ship Contreras out at the trade deadline last year, he wouldnt even make the postseason rotation. We know Jon has the stuff to be at worst a mediocre pitcher, and with a mediocre 5th starter who just wont get the ball in the postseason, I am feeling pretty confident in this team.

At 3 million it's easier to accept mediocrity. Not 7 million and rising.

Anyways, Garland has a way to go before we can even label his pitching "mediocre." He's just pitiful, as of now.

"There are no options down there in center field,'' Guillen said. "If I'm going to do something, it's bring another pitcher up and take my chance with Rob Mackowiak [as the every-day center fielder].''

What is more scary?, the having RM in CF or the guy we are going to bring up for the pen?

We are 4 games off of last year's pace, but we were also 4.5 ahead of Minn. at that time. With all that said, remember, still have the 2nd best record in baseball, will only be 1.5 games out and as Hawk says, we ain't found our rhythm as of yet.

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 09:07 PM)
Some fool GM will take a flyer that one good yr and drool for JG and the be very disappointed!

I'd like to believe it. Really would.

Best thing Garland can do is pitch well the second half of the season, place his numbers in a respectable range, and ship his ass off before any team second guesses his performance.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 09:09 PM)
Umm...YES

so if we were in the playoffs u rather have mark/cont/vazquez and then gar pitchin vs. mark/cont./freddy(playoff stud) and then vazquez? jeez

i dont care if freddy is 14-10 4.50 or somethng if in the playoffs he pitches like last yr.

QUOTE(illinilaw08 @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 08:04 PM)
Garland HAS had good stuff the past couple starts which is encouraging. The difference is just that he keeps having these BRUTAL mental lapses that are killing him.

I thought Garland threw the ball pretty well tonight. A stupid walk to Shelton and a good piece of hitting by Polanco gave up 2 runs. Then he got blooped to death in the 6th before he made a bad pitch to THames. He really only had one bad pitch that whole inning.

QUOTE(Ndgt10 @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 09:00 PM)
We should have packaged Garland's ass after his fluke year last year.

We got it, thanks. You hate Garland's ass, he's a mother f***er, a pussy, worthless, etc. etc. etc.

Now that someone's confirmed that your profanities are understood, could you cut them out? You don't have to be George Carlin with every point you make, mate.