Tigers @ White Sox, Game Thread

NYSox35

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 02:32 AM)
Exactly, and if Guillen and Infante hit screamers to score those runs that's one thing, but Jon made 2 awesome pitches on both of those guys and it didn't work out.

Yes....bloopers happen, it's part of baseball. Garland's not a strike out pitcher though, and he can't keep allowing homers in situations like he did tonight. Bloopers are especially going to happen against a sinker ball pitcher.

Jon had given up what, 3 or 4 hits going into the 6th....5 or 6ks.....1bb? How is that bad? f***ing mack, as he's proven to us NUMEROUS times this season, cannot play CF. Jon should be able to pitch over these things....oh, but he did. He jammed guillen and guillen got a lil ducksnort. 3-2 game...Mack shows his incompetence again and misses his cutoff man and guillen walks into 2b...Alright, He just needs to settle down....he throws a NASTY inside sinker to Infante and it barely makes it off the infield grass... Paulie doesn't pay attention and the run scores on an infield hit from 2nd.

I bet every one of you f***ers calling out Garland were f***ing heated at this point...and you weren't mad at Garland. Well, Jonny was a bit heated too, and threw a cookie, his 2nd or 3rd true mistake pitch of the night.

Jon pitched the ball VERY well tonight. The D let him down. A few weak hits let him down. He looks MUCH better than he did earlier this season.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 09:25 PM)
Flash, would you rather pay to make Garland go away and have BMac and Garcia in your rotation? Or would you rather trade away Garcia and have Garland and BMac in your rotation?

I think Garland will get his ERA down to 4.5-4.7 giving him SOME value.

Doesn't Garcia have an option for 2008? That would give a team 2 years of Freddy's service

Yes, I'd rather Garland leave and never return. I just don't believe we're going to pay any substantial portion of Garland's contract to send him packing. Even a ERA around the range you mentioned is hardly worthy of 10 million. Only chance we have is for some National League team to believe the change would help him.

What he needs to do to for his trade value is start stringing together quality games. Not 4+ runs 3/4 starts. It more sense to trade Garland, but between him and Garcia, it's more practical to unload Garcia.

For me, I'd rather try to get the most out of Garcia while I can.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Wolverine31 @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Garcia sucked on Tuesday night. He just got bailed out by an offense that is struggling right now and stranded a lot of baserunners.

Your starting pitching is still strong but it does not look nearly as strong as last year.

Kiss off.

Some how we should grade Freddy's outing against the curve because your overrated Tigers weren't hitting as well as they did in the first week in April?

You Tiger trolls are starting to some like the jealous Cubbie fans who tried to downgrade the Sox's performance against the Angels last year in the ALCS because Vlad went 1-20/ :lol: :rolly

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 08:33 PM)
Yes....bloopers happen, it's part of baseball. Garland's not a strike out pitcher though, and he can't keep allowing homers in situations like he did tonight. Bloopers are especially going to happen against a sinker ball pitcher.

He relies on his defense, and his defense elt him down. And making one bad pitch after all of those good pitches through 6 innings isn't going to make me change my mind. He pitched in and really fooled some guys tonight. Had a bad walk that led to a run, and then Polanco had a good piece of hitting for the bomb. But whatever. There are plenty of times to trash Garland for the way he's pitched this year. TOnight was not one of them.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 09:35 PM)
A good pitcher pitches over defensive mistakes.

/agree X10, Tracey did, he created not one but two DP balls, Congrats Sean you've got BALLS!

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 02:36 AM)
He relies on his defense, and his defense elt him down. And making one bad pitch after all of those good pitches through 6 innings isn't going to make me change my mind. He pitched in and really fooled some guys tonight. Had a bad walk that led to a run, and then Polanco had a good piece of hitting for the bomb. But whatever. There are plenty of times to trash Garland for the way he's pitched this year. TOnight was not one of them.

Again, I repeat....where was the play that wasn't made that would have gotten him out of the inning. Jphat...you know I was furious with Mackowiak in that inning. However, Garland was unable to get the third out in that inning, and it lost us the game. If he pitches the way he did tonight though, he'll usually have better results.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 02:37 AM)
Agree. And Garland did it twice after the s***ty defense.

The name of the game is to get an out.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 02:38 AM)
^^

They played like complete s*** tonight, but Tracey did look solid, which is encouraging.

If he throws strikes, he has enough stuff to pitch at this level. I have more confidence in him than I do Montero.