Sean Tracey

Ndgt10

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least Tracey looks like he can mop up. Politte couldn't even do that. Like someone said above, it will be interesting to see how he does in a situation not as comfortable as a 4 run deficit, but he definitely looked pretty good. He's been starting in Charlotte. Put him in Garland's spot.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 10:33 PM)
If he can throw strikes, and not walk guys, he'll be a nice addition to the pen. But control has always been the issue for him.

Do you think with Coops constant tutelage he can get that under control ala Matt Thornton? and speaking of Matt where has he been lately?

QUOTE(beautox @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 03:40 AM)
Do you think with Coops constant tutelage he can get that under control ala Matt Thornton? and speaking of Matt where has he been lately?

Tigers don't have many lefties, so no real use for Thornton vs them.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jun 8, 2006 -> 11:45 PM)
Anyone think Tracey has a real shot at earning and keeping a pen spot this year?

I do, not only can he eat innings, but when hes on, he has an amazing GB/K rate(as seen by the two tailor made DP balls tonight) yum!,

i was reading in the AAP that he can hit between 94-98 is that true? it was saying 89 on the tv screen. Can anyone who was at the park tell me what he was hitting?

Also i read @ baseballanalysts.com that he features a power sinker / slider / 4 seam fastball and i too feel just like the Cheat said in his blog that being under Coop can only help him reach his full potential.

QUOTE(beautox @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 01:29 AM)
I do, not only can he eat innings, but when hes on, he has an amazing GB/K rate(as seen by the two tailor made DP balls tonight) yum!,

i was reading in the AAP that he can hit between 94-98 is that true? it was saying 89 on the tv screen. Can anyone who was at the park tell me what he was hitting?

Also i read @ baseballanalysts.com that he features a power sinker / slider / 4 seam fastball and i too feel just like the Cheat said in his blog that being under Coop can only help him reach his full potential.

94-98 sounds a bit high, but 92-95 sounds better. I saw 90 multiple times out of him tonight, but he threw his sinker a lot. I think he's a guy who can go mid 90s but doesn't use his fastball that much.

Edited by danman31

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 04:52 PM)
94-98 sounds a bit high, but 92-95 sounds better. I saw 90 multiple times out of him tonight, but he threw his sinker a lot. I think he's a guy who can go mid 90s but doesn't use his fastball that much.

Hopefully he can induce enough ground balls with that sinker of his.

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 02:02 AM)
Let's take it easy now. Boone Logan once looked good as well. Obviously a different situation but can we see some more games and different situations before we annoint him?

Exactly. I just think we're desperate to have somebody, anybody step-up and do atleast a decent job in the 'pen. I've liked Tracey for a while. I think he has a chance to be a good one. I'm not about to get excited over one performance in which we were down 4 runs.

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 02:02 AM)
Let's take it easy now. Boone Logan once looked good as well. Obviously a different situation but can we see some more games and different situations before we annoint him?

yeah but lets be honest Boone Logan has a "sneaky" delivery and medicore stuff. Tracey has good stuff and a werid delivery.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 01:52 AM)

The comcast gun is slow, not as slow as the WCIU/WGN gun, but it's still a few ticks slow. He was probably 92-94 tonight, but that is also with just 2 days rest after starting and pitching 7 innings on Monday.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 02:34 AM)
The comcast gun is slow, not as slow as the WCIU/WGN gun, but it's still a few ticks slow. He was probably 92-94 tonight, but that is also with just 2 days rest after starting and pitching 7 innings on Monday.

Hawk complained about the gun throughout the series. Strange that they can get a true reading in the park, but they cannot on the TV.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 06:23 AM)
Hawk complained about the gun throughout the series. Strange that they can get a true reading in the park, but they cannot on the TV.

Verlander was topping out at 92-93, that gun was WAY off all week.

Also Tracey looks to be really tough to pick up with that bounce in his delievery. He looks like he has good stuff, and the error behind him didn't seem to bother him at all, which is a big plus. The guy wasn't rattled in his ML debut, even wtih bad D behind him.

Good signs.