Sean Tracey

Ndgt10

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chisoxfn is on the right track.....if only Ozzie were smart enough to agree with him here. We have 7 guys that can rake, and the 2 that can't play gold glove defense, so we can afford to play them anyways. It's pretty simple, and the higher ERA of this team is part bullpen struggles, but MUCH bigger part bad defense, especially in CF.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 03:01 PM)
What makes that so clear? The fact that on 4-5 days rest after pitching 1-2 innings, BMac has come out rusty and struggled?

Just look at his stuff compared to his 2nd go around last year. Early on this year, his stuff was VERY crisp and he was on fire....but as the bullpen act began to wear on his arm, his stuff has been less crisp and location not as effective, and here we are with B-Mac at a 5 ERA.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 03:01 PM)
Just look at his stuff compared to his 2nd go around last year. Early on this year, his stuff was VERY crisp and he was on fire....but as the bullpen act began to wear on his arm, his stuff has been less crisp and location not as effective, and here we are with B-Mac at a 5 ERA.

I don't think it was the bullpen act that wore on his arm, I think it was the "inconsistent work in the bullpen, then having a start, then 5 days rest, then pitching 1 inning, then more rest" that got his stuff less crisp. But I could be proven wrong if Ozzie keeps putting him out every day or two and he doesn't get the rhythm.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 04:08 PM)
Anderson has easily saved more runs than Mack has batted in and has kept this team in a lot of ball games. I wish he would start hitting, but the only way he's going to do that is with more practice. He has a hole in his swing down and away and pitchers are exploiting it. He's also struggled with ihs approach, but both are fixable with time and a good work ethic and from everything I've heard Anderson has that (and he has the tools).

Patience is all thats needed.

I completely agreed with you until this past week, and what shook my belief was seeing how LOST BA now looks at the plate. I read that Ozzie is afraid of this prolonged slump doing some long-term damage to BA's confidence and thus his ability to come out of it, and I think that's a valid concern. How do you think that can be dealt with? Do you think that making BA the centerfielder and telling the critics to STFU will do it? Because I see BA getting boo'ed and it's getting to him, big time. That wasn't the case in April or May. :huh: And I think that has become as big a problem as Anderson's failure to get hits.

Edited by henry wiggins

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 03:30 PM)
The Sox now have had 6 of their draft picks from the '02 draft make the major leagues. That's 50% more than any other team in baseball.

We've been very sucessful in the draft as of late despite the lack of success of our 1st round picks (hopefully Fields and Anderson can change that, as well as Broadway and McCulloch). Plus when our guys haven't produced we've still been able to deal our picks for major league help and that is what it appears our organization prefers (keeping a few select guys while moving the rest of them for current help).

Its also why I think we tend to favor collegiate players (especially early on) because they are more likely to have some early success and thus have solid trade value.