RUMOR

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 18, 2006 -> 08:07 AM)
David Segui has come forward, claiming that he is named in the affidavit, he pointed Grimsley to a doctor who could get him HGH.

Segui still takes HGH today. Grimsley caim to Segui asking how HGH could hellp him recover from Tommy John surgery.

David Segui says he used HGH legally

Associated Press

Former major leaguer David Segui said he used HGH and was among the players mentioned by ex-teammate Jason Grimsley to federal investigators. Segui added that he used the drug with a doctor's prescription because of a growth hormone deficiency.

Segui, who spent 15 years in the majors and retired in 2004, said on ESPN's "Outside the Lines" on Sunday that he continues to use HGH legally. He said he first started using the hormone after the deficiency was found when he went for blood work before surgery during his playing career.

The 39-year-old first baseman said Grimsley came to him this past offseason, seeking advice about HGH and how it might help him recover from major arms surgery. Grimsley was waived by the Arizona Diamondbacks this month after acknowledging HGH use and accusing other players of its use in a statement to federal agents.

Segui played for Baltimore, the New York Mets, Montreal, Seattle, Toronto, Texas and Cleveland from 1990 to 2004, finishing with a .291 average and 139 homers. He and Grimsley were Orioles teammates in 2004.

The names of the other players accused by Grimsley have not yet been made public.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060618/ap_on_...bbo_segui_hgh_2

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 30, 2006 -> 10:34 PM)
Blacked out names coming out....

http://www.newsday.com/sports/la-sp-clemen...ports-headlines

Clemens, Pettitte, Tejada, Brian Roberts, Jay Gibbons...

That's only huge.

Here comes ESPN's criticism of the anonymous source disclosing the blacked-out names. They'll also whine about this issue needlessly distracting attention away from the playoffs.

None of those names surprise me, however. Even Pettitte's steroids use -- if these accusations are to be believed -- was likely to help assist his recovery from injury while on the Yankees.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 30, 2006 -> 11:13 PM)
None of those names surprise me, however. Even Pettitte's steroids use -- if these accusations are to be believed -- was likely to help assist his recovery from injury while on the Yankees.

I think the wording is key here. if it doesn't say 'anabolic steroids' and simply performance enhancing drugs, I think we have to suppose that it's some other banned substance.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Oct 1, 2006 -> 12:21 AM)
Or even 'only' greenies.

But considering their supposed use across the league in previous years, don't you believe Hemsley would differentiate between greenies and more potent performance enhancing drugs? I'm sure the FBI's inquiry to name names was for substances greater than amphetamines.

Brantley was saying on BBTN that he spoke with someone "very, very close to the situation" and he said Grimsley never named Pettite and Clemens (maybe the other two, I cant remember) and it was somebody that asked Grimsley about them. It was something like that, cant really remember. Granted it's brantley, but its something to think about.