Has anyone "converted" someone to being a SOX fan recently?

Hangar18

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 02:32 PM)
Im sure it might be a bit easier now, but has anyone been able to honestly say "I made this person a Sox Fan Because ................."

I don't know if I can say converted, but I turned two yankee fans into being White Sox fans as their #2 team. Hell, the one guy wound up getting World Series tickets for us through his Dad's connections.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 02:07 PM)
That counts too by the way ..................

Yeah, I used to just go to games with my father and brother, but now I go to more games and have high demand from friends to go to games with them. It's a great time going with friends, especially with the big crowds to add to the atmosphere.

QUOTE(NYSox35 @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 11:37 AM)
I don't know if I can say converted, but I turned two yankee fans into being White Sox fans as their #2 team. Hell, the one guy wound up getting World Series tickets for us through his Dad's connections.

My wife's been a Yankees fan forever, but started rooting for the Sox as well shortly before we got married. She'll always be a Yankees fan first, but last year made the Sox her "official" second-favorite team. :P

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 03:17 PM)
My wife's been a Yankees fan forever, but started rooting for the Sox as well shortly before we got married. She'll always be a Yankees fan first, but last year made the Sox her "official" second-favorite team. :P

haha that's cool...

my family = Me & Mom - White Sox #1, Yankees #2 (though she really cares about NYY a lot less than I do)

Dad & Sister - Yankees #1, White Sox #2

The funny thing with my Dad, he actually used to kind of like the Cubs b/c He LOVED Sosa...but he was pissed at how the Cubs handled him and swore them off and started following the Sox at the beginning of the 2005 season...good timing, huh?

I converted a guy who hangs out at my bar. We took him last year to opening day, for our annual limo ride to the game. he had a blast and ended up buying sox gear, and giving away his Cubs stuff. I have since taken him to more games and he is loving it.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 01:32 PM)
Im sure it might be a bit easier now, but has anyone been able to honestly say "I made this person a Sox Fan Because ................."

I converted Robert McCormick because I think he could help the Sox get more attention that you need.