Game Thread: 6/9, 7:35pm vs Indians

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 04:15 PM)
Unless you suspect Mackowiak is a nice defensive replacement. :D

We're at home, so if we get to the 8th inning with a lead, Jenks comes in if it's close, and the ballgame ends, thus we don't come to plate in the 9th. We'd have to pile up like 6-7 runs or leave another 15 men on base for that to happen. Otherwise, if it hits the 8th inning and we're down a run or two, Mack will pinch hit in the hopes of getting a hit. So it'll basically take Cliff Lee being destroyed for Anderson to get >3 at bats. I certainly hope he gets like 6 AB's, but the way some of our guys have been hitting lately....

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 06:25 PM)
We're at home, so if we get to the 8th inning with a lead, Jenks comes in if it's close, and the ballgame ends, thus we don't come to plate in the 9th. We'd have to pile up like 6-7 runs or leave another 15 men on base for that to happen. Otherwise, if it hits the 8th inning and we're down a run or two, Mack will pinch hit in the hopes of getting a hit. So it'll basically take Cliff Lee being destroyed for Anderson to get >3 at bats. I certainly hope he gets like 6 AB's, but the way some of our guys have been hitting lately....

Perhaps if we strikes out three times on 9 pitches, we can count it as 0-4.

More than a little off topic while I wait for the first pitch...

I'm watching Yankees-A's on TV and Randy Johnson just gave up a deep HR to light-hitting Antonio Perez. So far, he's given up 5 runs in 3.1 ip. In case there was any doubt, Randy Johnson is DONE.

Light hitting is an understatement. Batting .030 before that. Unit barking at home umpire. Some umpires would of tossed him. Randy getting boo'd!

The ump is torturing Johnson more by not tossing him. Johnson is struggling mightily and Torre doesn't even have anyone up in the bullpen. So far, 6 runs in 3.2 ip. How the mighty have fallen.

MLB needs to make a decision about the rule, if they don't try and get out of the way, the batter can't have first. That pitch was high but almost over the plate and Sizemore moves into it.