Game Thread: 6/9, 7:35pm vs Indians

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Ndgt10 @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has an umpire ever thrown a pitcher out of the game for hitting himself (the umpire). That would be quite the seen.

My Uncle (a catcher) pulled the "wooden Indian" trick during his high school days. His pitcher was getting squeezed, so he called for a high fastball.

He didn't move.

The umpire went down to the ground.

My uncle was thrown out.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 09:06 PM)
My Uncle (a catcher) pulled the "wooden Indian" trick during his high school days. His pitcher was getting squeezed, so he called for a high fastball.

He didn't move.

The umpire went down to the ground.

My uncle was thrown out.

ROFLMAO!!!

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 08:58 PM)
Javier's brinksmanship coming back up.

This is beyond brinkmanship, we need a new term to describe what Javy is doing tonight.

Yay, an out on only 4 pitches!! Javy really was economical there. In other news, my hair is turning gray and falling out and I have moved all nearby sharp objects.

Now Javy misses with a curveball, Peralta ducks, and the ball hit the umpire on the elbow, lol. Wow....and hey, a 5 pitch out to Peralta, 2 outs!! Here's Blake, who has stepped in twice, and has been hit twice. And Blake is retired on 5 pitches and a whiff!! A 14 pitch inning, Javy freaking mowed 'em down there.

Through 5 for Javy:

5 IP, 6 hits, 1 run (earned), 3 hit by pitch, 1 reach on error, 1 walk, 9 left on by Cleveland, 9 k's, 102 pitches.

And 2-1 Sox heading to the bottom of the 5th.

Problem is, Anderson ain't good at against lefties. If you're going to start him it should be against righties, but Machowiak is getting the majority of the starts there now.

I am not going to bash Brian Anderson... that gets old... but he needs to go back to AAA.

The guy has zero confidence at the plate. We need to decide what is going on in Center Field right now. Forget waiting around to see what will happen. The time to act is now.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 09:12 PM)
Problem is, Anderson ain't good at against lefties. If you're going to start him it should be against righties, but Machowiak is getting the majority of the starts there now.

When you say better against righties you mean he's still bad but slightly better.