Game Thread: 6/9, 7:35pm vs Indians

QUOTE(Ndgt10 @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 08:37 PM)
Looks like Tigerfan has had enough of the tigers. I see that he vanished from the "users reading this topic" now that the Tigers are getting their asses handed to them.

I was actually watching in another room. Ugh what a disaster of an inning. Our bullpen absolutely has sucked the last 2 weeks. We've blown 6 games now since the Yankees series. 6! We don't even deserve 1st place playing like this!

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 09:42 PM)
If you really need it, I have 10 witnesses saying Thornton should have been in well before the first pitch of the AB :P

To tell you the truth, we don't have a single guy in our bullpen, with the possible exception of Jenks, that I feel remotely comfortable putting in there against Hafner. I guess I'd slightly prefer Thornton over Cotts, but that doesn't say much.

QUOTE(Ndgt10 @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 02:46 AM)
Why the heck can't anderson straighten up a fastball? He knows he is going to get it, yet he seems to always fight it off.

He might have the lightest .150 in the history of baseball. At least we have the top of the order up next inning, so after Pods K's looking for the 100th time this season, Ozuna will get us going.

Why the heck can't anderson straighten up a fastball? He knows he is going to get it, yet he seems to always fight it off.

I think you'd need to ask Brian. :huh

The answer is, he's just not that good at this point in time. Offensively that is.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 02:47 AM)
It defies any theory by Einstein, yet we see it unravel every game we watch.

Yet people go ballistic on me when I beg KW to make a move right now, even if it means giving up a little more than you'd like. He's given up enough this year in order to try and win it all, I don't see the logic in waiting another month to try and upgrade the position. We're playing some great hitting teams for the next 10 days, and we can't keep having such s*** in our lineup.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 02:48 AM)
I think you'd need to ask Brian. :huh

The answer is, he's just not that good at this point in time. Offensively that is.

Jim...do you think he's lost confidence? He seems to be so tight at the plate, he's not really swinging the bat...he's throwing the bat thru the zone.

Anderson simply must be sent down and forgotten about until

spring training.

He's done for this season.

There is no reason to keep him up here. None.

And yes I realize Mack is not much better offensively and sucks on D.

Since I'm too lazy to check myself, someone please reassure me this is Pods last year under contract with us? Not sure how you ever talk a club into giving you millions for being a 1/2 tool player.