Game Thread: 6/9, 7:35pm vs Indians

Amazing how much improvement Sizemore has shown from last year to this year. I this due more to him just being a great prospect, or does it have to do with their hitting coach? I sure as hell don't see any improvement in BA.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(rudylaw @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 09:47 PM)
I would rather see him suck at the plate then having Mack suck in center.

I disagree. While Brian has looked good in center, plays recently where he hasn't backed up are inexcusable considering his batting performances.

*Public Service Announcement* Guys, sigs are getting all big and shizzle again. Read the guidelines please.

How about it.

But then people will say "my sig is not that huge, it's not as big as OTHER people's sigs". Paging Gregpry Pratt.

Good christ, how hard is it, 5 lines of text and limit the size of the pictures.

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 09:50 PM)
betcha big big big money ozzie's saving him for hafner

On two earlier occasions, ozzie has gone lefty-lefty to hafner... each time choosing boone logan.

The result, a home run and a game winning double...

look for thornton in just a minute

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since I'm too lazy to check myself, someone please reassure me this is Pods last year under contract with us? Not sure how you ever talk a club into giving you millions for being a 1/2 tool player.

So says the Garland and Billy Koch fan.

I think we have him under control for a couple more years.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 09:49 PM)
Jim...do you think he's lost confidence? He seems to be so tight at the plate, he's not really swinging the bat...he's throwing the bat thru the zone.

Sometimes it looks like he is swing a wet newspaper.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 10:52 PM)
So says the Garland and Billy Koch fan.

I think we have him under control for a couple more years.

Well, as was posted a few gamethreads ago, my sig is only up as some kinda hex reversal. I put it up during the last Cleveland series because of the s***ball we were playing. But thanks for noticing!

[quote name='AbeFroman' date='Jun 9, 2006 -> 09:51 PM' post='1167659'

look for thornton in just a minute

^^^^^^^^

:P

I could've see that one coming!!!

QUOTE(PeoriaSoxFan @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 02:53 AM)
We just don't match up well with Cleveland at all from a pitching standpoint. Proove me wrong Mac. Oh, another bullpen trip. I would bet that Oz's success record after switching pitchers mid-inning is abotu 10% this year.

This year, our pitchers don't match up well with any good hitting teams. BTW...since I forgot to do it, kudos to Vazquez for showing massive balls tonight.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 09:52 PM)
Oz needs to go back to being last year's Oz.

Playing hunches (leave in Vas one more batter)

instead of managing by the matchup book.

Umm...Oz has gone by the matchup book since he got here. Its the one thing about his managing that I consistantly disagree with.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 09:48 PM)
Yet people go ballistic on me when I beg KW to make a move right now, even if it means giving up a little more than you'd like. He's given up enough this year in order to try and win it all, I don't see the logic in waiting another month to try and upgrade the position. We're playing some great hitting teams for the next 10 days, and we can't keep having such s*** in our lineup.

The other part of the picture is the longer a slump drags out, it can get further in his head so he never recovers. The blue chipper would be an even bigger bust.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 09:54 PM)
Incidently your sig has zero grammar. :bang

Incidently, your avatar is a scrotum while other people have pics of girls.

Edited by Greg The Bull Luzinski