Game Thread: 6/9, 7:35pm vs Indians

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 02:28 AM)
It's amazing how one guy, Hermy, can totally change a bullpen.

It has little to do with Hermanson. If he was pitching this year, he likely would have massively regressed also. Relief pitching is always inconsistent....and our GM didn't anticipate that.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 09:29 PM)
With Hafner in that situation, and a struggling Martinez on deck, you almost have to pitch around him.

Which is why the fastball was a horrible pitch selection. I assumed Neal was going slider low and away.

I hate the matchup bulls***. He should've left in Vazquez to finish off Hafner.

Me too. I love Oz, but I love the Oz who played hunches last year not played the lefty, righty

matchup crap. He may have homered off Vas also but I agree with you. Vas should have pitched

to Hafner.

With Hafner in that situation, and a struggling Martinez on deck, you almost have to pitch around him.

You mean load the bases for Victor Martinez? I don't think so.

You really need to quit all this 2nd guessing. They had Cotts in vs. Hafner, Cotts apparantly forgot to change speeds and as a result they are losing. Blame it on the players lacking exectuion vs. 2nd guessing the matchups.

Edited by JimH

- J. Walker relieved J. Zumaya

- G. Zaun flied out to right center

- S. Hillenbrand hit for E. Hinske

- F. Rodney relieved J. Walker

- S. Hillenbrand homered to deep left

- A. Hill singled to center

- A. Rios hit for E. Alfonzo

- A. Rios walked, A. Hill to second

- T. Jones relieved F. Rodney

- R. Johnson singled to left center, A. Hill to third, A. Rios to second

- F. Catalanotto singled to center, A. Rios and A. Hill scored, R. Johnson to third

- V. Wells tripled to deep right center, R. Johnson and F. Catalanotto scored

- T. Glaus singled to right center, V. Wells scored

Scoring Summary

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 02:31 AM)
You mean load the bases for Victor Martinez? I don't think so.

You definitely don't cave into Hafner though. Martinez has been awful lately. Instead, we keep challenging Hafner, and he keeps beating us.

Of course, thanks to the WCIU schedule I can't see the game, but Farmio is spinning a virtual 3d picture of the game on the radio. How right on when he was, when he said a walk here is better than a hit, right before Hafner goes yard. Can Neal wear an AM radio headset next time.

JD for MVP. Lets come back and b**** slap these guys. Detroit is losing.

sad thing is right now tonight, after AJ, you have 4 automatic outs up in a row..the bottom of this batting order is such tremendous s***...and yes that was including it rolling back over to our .255 leadoff hitter.

You definitely don't cave into Hafner though. Martinez has been awful lately. Instead, we keep challenging Hafner, and he keeps beating us.

One thing is for sure...you don't throw Hafner a 3-2 fastball down the cock when all a walk would do is load the bases with 2 outs.