Mac and Harry fight in studio

They fight and throw it to a commercial break. Harry claims Mac gets special treatment. They were arguing over cell phone's during commericals and ringing during the show. Mac does seem to get special treatment. I don't think this started as a radio stunt. But maybe during the break they decided to make it one by leaving. Or maybe they were ordered off the air. I think Harry might have been pushed over the edge after reading our comments on a mac double standard. Busting him for a graduation after Mac has misssed due to drinking and a kids hockey game.

Mac: "Kiss my ass, Mister Double-standards!"

Harry: "Kiss my sac, Mac!"

Mac: "That's it; we'll be back after a short break."

Nine minutes later, Carmen & Silvy!

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 10:03 AM)
THey seem like good friends. Who among us who argues sports with our friends doesn't raise our voice once in awhile? And we don't even have to talk 4 hours a day to our friends. They really do make good radio on a daily basis

There should be something on it in Feder's Column on Monday.

I thought it was really wierd too. Harry and Mac are not good friends. They generally don't really get along that well. Harry told the Feder a few months ago that they make it work cause the ratings have stayed strong...

I do like it when the fight though... it makes for great radio

It definitely got testy during that exchange. I didnt get to hear when Carmen and Silvy took over, I was already out of the car. Harry was basically mad because he wanted to tease Jurko and have the producer call his cell phone on the air(because it had already gone off a few times earlier), but the producer said it would make for bad radio. A week or so later, Mac pulled the same trick with no objection.

It was really strange, Mac admitted to the double standard, and then Harry said "How can I respect a guy who has such an open double standard" and it set Mac off and then they started going at it until they went to commercial.

They have a history of this type of thing, they will be back soon. They need Jurko in between them so this doesnt happen.

Here's the link:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/colum...umnistfront-hed

Harry is a whiny kiss-ass, while Mac is a big boob who thinks he is right and everyone else is wrong.

I like their show, but Mac hasn't been the same since they split him and Terry Boers up. As much as I think it's funny, Mac and Jurko basically bully Harry all show. And I hate Harry, so I can't believe I actually defend him in this.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 02:45 PM)
Here's the link:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/colum...umnistfront-hed

Harry is a whiny kiss-ass, while Mac is a big boob who thinks he is right and everyone else is wrong.

I like their show, but Mac hasn't been the same since they split him and Terry Boers up. As much as I think it's funny, Mac and Jurko basically bully Harry all show. And I hate Harry, so I can't believe I actually defend him in this.

Besides the part with Harry being whiny..... I fail to agree with you on everything else.

QUOTE(JoeBatterz @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 07:42 PM)
Down here in Nashville, they do not even like if you raise your voice on the air and they will not even take your call if you are not going to suck up to the local teams and talk about how great they are.

Drives me fricking nuts!

im in nashville for school and i dont even listen to the local guys...they are bad.....i always just stream am1000 or the score thru the net

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 09:59 PM)
im in nashville for school and i dont even listen to the local guys...they are bad.....i always just stream am1000 or the score thru the net

That is a good idea and I do that at home. Harder to do in the car though. :crying

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 19, 2006 -> 01:44 PM)
So are Mac and Harry back on the air today?

Im trying desperately to get to the bottom of this myself. Im wondering how much some of this was "show" and how much was for real? Seems like this is more of a fight between 3 people (Mac vs Harry vs Mgmt)

It sounded as if those two would be given the rest of the week off when it first happened. However, hearing Silverman on yesterday and today, I wonder if Jeff Schwartz decided on an entire work-week off--dating back to the Tuesday or Wednesday the confrontation happened.

ESPN has not really been forthcoming about what exactly is going on.

To be perfectly honest, I have been listening to Boers and Bernstein nearly the entire time McNeil and Harry have been off and have been really enjoying them. Those two are very, very entertaining. I hate using an N of one, but, I can't imagine this hasn't hurt them in terms of ratings. This can not be good for the ratings. Silverman, DeFalco and Jurko have been nearly impossible to listen to.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 04:27 PM)
It sounded as if those two would be given the rest of the week off when it first happened. However, hearing Silverman on yesterday and today, I wonder if Jeff Schwartz decided on an entire work-week off--dating back to the Tuesday or Wednesday the confrontation happened.

Yeah, but the confrontation originally happened on Friday the 9th, so essentially theyve already been suspended for more than a week. Maybe gone???? :huh

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 04:27 PM)
To be perfectly honest, I have been listening to Boers and Bernstein nearly the entire time McNeil and Harry have been off and have been really enjoying them. Those two are very, very entertaining.

Boers & Bernstein are excellent. I love when they RIP on media (especially the Trib) from time to time.

They dont hold back ....

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Jun 20, 2006 -> 04:36 PM)
Yeah, but the confrontation originally happened on Friday the 9th, so essentially theyve already been suspended for more than a week. Maybe gone???? :huh

I didn't realize it happened on a Friday. Well, I just don't know then.

I assure you they aren't gone. McNeil inked a new deal with them not too long ago and they have one of the highest rated shows in Chicago radio. They are nailing the 25+ demo they have gone after.

Im starting to feel like this was more of a "work" than it was a real argument. I heard Carmen, Jurko and Silvy mentioning the MJ&H "Maniversary" coming up, where they celebrate however long they have been together. Who knows though.