Offman Reports

G&T

It was reported on the Score during White Sox weekly that the Sox have inquired about Soriano, Brady Clark, and Reggie Sanders. Nothing too surprising. Sanders is too expensive he says. Soriano isn't too great of a possibility despite decent defense. Clark is most intriguing, but that's all the info he has on that.

Offman also thinks the Sox will make a bullpen deal before an outfield deal. But I didn't hear any names.

QUOTE(G&T @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 11:58 AM)
It was reported on the Score during White Sox weekly that the Sox have inquired about Soriano, Brady Clark, and Reggie Sanders. Nothing too surprising. Sanders is too expensive he says. Soriano isn't too great of a possibility despite decent defense. Clark is most intriguing, but that's all the info he has on that.

Offman also thinks the Sox will make a bullpen deal before an outfield deal. But I didn't hear any names.

Good.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 11:12 AM)
What the hell are we supposed to do with Sanders or Soriano? Soriano's production would be nice, but we need a CF.

Probably move him to LF and have Pods play CF(I'd hate that) or have Soriano play CF as he was rumored to be able to play there, but no one really has ever seen it.

Other than pujols, Soriano has been the best offensive player in baseball this year. And considering the size of his home park and the general crappiness of the nationals, he's been pretty rediculous.

Soriano WILL be traded... its just a question of which team will pay the highest price. If the Yankees had any young talent at all, he'd be in pinstripes... but they really don't. Soriano is a free agent and has expressed very little interest in returning to Washington. He's a rental player cause he is definitely entering the free agent market at the end of the year.

The white sox might be a player for soriano, but the price would be hefty. Where would he hit on the white sox? 5th? move JD down? Maybe bat Iguchi sixth and Soriano second? Its probably a waste of time to speculate cause it ain't happening

That report by Ofman was absolutely worthless.

First off, I thought he was bounced by the Score as a baseball reporter.

Secondly, he did nothing but bring up names (Soriano, Sanders and Clark) that have been floating around for a few days now.

Third, he says the White Sox wouldn't be interested in Soriano and Sanders because of the $$$$....

Fourth, after all that, he says he believes the White Sox will focus on upgrading their bullpen first anyways, but he didn't offer up any ideas on what Kenny Williams may be thinking about other than his own personal opinion.

I don't have a problem with Ofman - I'd rather hear his baseball thoughts as the "Score Baseball Beat Reporter" over Jesse Rogers, Zach Zaidman or Lawrence Holmes ANY day of the week, but this report offered NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm out

I remember attending a game in the Big A, the Yankees and Angels a few years back. Roger the Rocket was on the bump for the Yankees, so that will tell you how long ago it was. But Soriano was hitting leadoff (I think) for the Bronx Bombers and everytime I looked up, he was standing on third base. He has good speed and can get from first to third pretty quickly.

If the Sox did get Soriano, I would like to see him hit second. I would also put Anderson after Dye to he can start to see some decent pitches and to split up the two auto outs of he and Uribe. So my line up would look some thing like this with Sariano.

Pods

Soriano

Thome

Konerko

Dye

Anderson

Crede

Gooch

AJP

Uribe/Cintron