Uribe

shoota

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 10:12 PM)
He's fine as our 5th starter though.

If he weren't making the ridiculous amount of money that he is, then yea, I'd agree with you. Unfortunetly, he is making a lot of money, and isn't anything more than an average pitcher.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Garland has looked pretty good in his last 3 starts, guys, although the last one wasn't as sharp as the previous 2. He just can't seem to get any decisions. I'm still a Garland believer, and he's showing me that he's possibly on the right track again.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 03:37 PM)
Garland has looked pretty good in his last 3 starts, guys, although the last one wasn't as sharp as the previous 2. He just can't seem to get any decisions. I'm still a Garland believer, and he's showing me that he's possibly on the right track again.

He has given up 6 homeruns in those 3 starts along with 14 runs, all of which were earned. How the hell is that looking pretty good?

QUOTE(Felix @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 08:14 PM)
If he weren't making the ridiculous amount of money that he is, then yea, I'd agree with you. Unfortunetly, he is making a lot of money, and isn't anything more than an average pitcher.

I hear you, but I think someone will see those 18 wins last year and his playoff performance and believe he can turn it around. Hope someone does, anyway.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 03:13 PM)
He has given up 6 homeruns in those 3 starts along with 14 runs, all of which were earned. How the hell is that looking pretty good?

Well I can only speak to his last game, but anyone who watched that game will know that even though all those 6th inning runs were earned, his defense failed him. He was throwing the ball pretty good, until he was killed on softly hit balls and braindead defense. The inning should have long been over by the time he gave up that homerun.

Just to clarify:

I am guessing that some say Shoota "Sucks as Sox Fan" because they do not like his argument for replacing Uribe? (I must have missed his past argument against Crede)

However, he does not suck for making a suggestion for improving the club (whether he is right or wrong) and he does not suck for not drinking the White Sox Kool-Aid 24/7?

QUOTE(JoeBatterz @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 06:27 PM)
Just to clarify:

I am guessing that some say Shoota "Sucks as Sox Fan" because they do not like his argument for replacing Uribe? (I must have missed his past argument against Crede)

However, he does not suck for making a suggestion for improving the club (whether he is right or wrong) and he does not suck for not drinking the White Sox Kool-Aid 24/7?

He sucks for dressing like this when he goes to the beach.

QUOTE(JoeBatterz @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 06:27 PM)

He said Crede isn't a good defensive player after one bad game.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?s=...dpost&p=1164935

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 10:04 PM)
He said Crede isn't a good defensive player after one bad game.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?s=...dpost&p=1164935

JoeBatterz, thanks for your reasonable statement. Please read the thread linked and take my posts as written, and not through the false interpretation of other posters, like the one quoted above.

I did not state Crede isn't a good defensive player. I did say this: "Crede's defense is overvalued and does not deserve the level of respect he receives from Sox fans and announcers."

Edited by shoota

QUOTE(shoota @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 10:10 PM)
JoeBatterz, thanks for your reasonable statement. Please read the thread linked and take my posts as written, and not through the false interpretation of other posters, like the one quoted above.

I did not state Crede isn't a good defensive player. I did say this: "Crede's defense is overvalued and does not deserve the level of respect he receives from Sox fans and announcers."

Oh yeah...that's different :rolly

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 11:14 PM)
One of the all-time stupid comments I've ever read on Soxtalk.

shoota, you haven't changed. Flinging your crap at another message board now?

As soon as Crede started hitting for that high average this year, believe it or not you were one of the first people I thought of. I wanted to see your opinions, but then you were banned. :D

QUOTE(SoxFan76 @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 10:04 AM)
shoota, you haven't changed. Flinging your crap at another message board now?

As soon as Crede started hitting for that high average this year, believe it or not you were one of the first people I thought of. I wanted to see your opinions, but then you were banned. :D

I admit Crede's been a completely different hitter since coming of the DL late last season. I think criticism of his offense since that point is inappropriate.

QUOTE(shoota @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 04:45 PM)
I admit Crede's been a completely different hitter since coming of the DL late last season. I think criticism of his offense since that point is inappropriate.

Wait Wait Wait...

Critcism of Crede's hitting, who has never been a consistant hitter until late last season and this season, is inappropiate now. But his defense, which has been consistanly stellar, is up for criticism?

:huh:

Edited by RibbieRubarb

QUOTE(shoota @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 04:45 PM)

Dude, just stop. haha

Crede has been an average hitter his whole career up until now. You can criticize that all you want. It's your "fake statistics" and criticism of his defense that is absolutely ridiculous.

"That home run doesn't count, they were up big and were going to win anyways."

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wait Wait Wait...

Critcism of Crede's hitting, who has never been a consistant hitter until late last season and this season, is inappropiate now. But his defense, which has been consistanly stellar, is up for criticism?

:huh:

OWNED.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess you missed the previous 2 games where he pitched inside very well and gave up... what?2-3 runs in each start?

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Jun 15, 2006 -> 05:49 PM)
I guess you missed the previous 2 games where he pitched inside very well and gave up... what?2-3 runs in each start?

Which two starts are you referring to? During the 3 game span that you originally were talking about (5/28, 6/2, 6/8), he posted run totals of 5, 3, and 6 (all of which were earned).