Holton new exectution date is 9/19

minors

Holton got a stay because of the great ACLU but will now die on 9/19 for sure. Here is the story from here in TN. Stephen Edward Holton, 12

Brent Holton, 10

Eric Holton, 7

Kayla Marie Holton, 4

Holton killed his 4 children to get revenge on his ex-wife. Here is the report from the State Medical office.

The pathologist testified that he performed autopsies on Holton’s four children, and he described the findings relating to each child in turn. First, Harlan related that ten-year-old Brent Holton died as a result of multiple gunshot wounds to the chest. Specifically, the doctor discovered two “contact gunshot wound entrances” in Brent’s posterior chest or back and two corresponding exit wounds in Brent’s anterior chest. The pathologist opined that the contact entry gunshot wounds and the corresponding exit wounds were consistent with a scenario in which “a person . . . knelt down behind Brent Holton pointing the gun in an upward angle and pulled the trigger.” The doctor further noted that the wounds occurred in “very close time proximity.” Finally, the pathologist recounted that he also discovered one “re-entry gunshot wound” in Brent’s anterior chest or “front right shoulder area.” He explained that a “re-entry gunshot wound” is caused by “a bullet which . . . passed through an intermediate target” or “bounced off of something” prior to striking a person’s body. He posited that one of the bullets causing the contact entry gunshot wounds and the corresponding exit wounds may have ricocheted off the concrete floor of the garage and re-entered Brent’s body. He recovered the bullet from the child’s body. The pathologist next testified that twelve-year-old Stephen Holton died as a result of

multiple gunshot wounds to the chest and abdomen. Specifically, he discovered one “reentry gunshot wound” in Stephen’s posterior chest or back. The doctor reiterated that a “re-entry gunshot wound” is one caused by a bullet that “has either gone through some intermediate target or been deflected.” A corresponding exit wound was located in Stephen’s anterior chest. The doctor confirmed that the wounds were consistent “with someone kneeling . . . holding a gun at an angle upward, shooting through Brent, that bullet passing through his body and entering Stephen’s and then still having enough force and velocity to pass through.” The pathologist continued that the same bullet inflicted a “graze gunshot wound” to Stephen’s chin and nose. The pathologist further noted a contact gunshot wound to Stephen’s anterior chest and abdomen and a corresponding exit wound. Finally, he attested to entry and exit gunshot wounds to Stephen’s right hand. As to the four-year-old Kayla Holton, he testified that she too died as a result of multiple gunshot wounds. Specifically, Kayla suffered a contact entry gunshot wound to the posterior chest or back and a corresponding exit wound. The doctor confirmed that the wounds were consistent with a scenario in which a person knelt behind Kayla, held a gun at an upward angle with the barrel touching her back, and pulled the trigger. Additionally, the doctor observed another entry gunshot wound to Kayla’s anterior chest and a corresponding “partial exit” wound. He testified that these wounds were consistent with a scenario in which “the child is standing up. Shooter is kneeling down . . . . Shoots her in the back. She falls down. Falls on her back. She is lying front up . . . on concrete. Concrete floor. Then the shooter stands over her with a gun . . . and goes bang.” The doctor retrieved “an extremely deformed bullet” and “smaller lead fragments” from Kayla’s body. Lastly, the pathologist testified that the six-year-old Eric Holton died as a result of multiple gunshot wounds to his chest and abdomen. Specifically, the doctor recorded four entry gunshot wounds to Eric’s posterior chest or back, at least one of which was possibly a “re-entry gunshot wound.” He noted that he was unable to determine whether the wounds were caused by three or four bullets. He explained that, if a bullet first passed through another person, the projectile might have split in two and inflicted two separate wounds to Eric’s back. Eric also suffered two exit wounds to his anterior chest and abdomen, one of which was extremely large and likely resulted from more than one bullet. Finally, Eric suffered a gunshot wound to his right wrist. The pathologist concluded that Eric’s wounds were consistent with a scenario in which “he was standing in front of Kayla when she was shot. . . . The shooter was kneeling down . . . he fired a shot through Kayla’s back . . . . Eric had been told not to peek. . . . He was told to close his eyes and place his hands over his eyes.” He recovered one bullet and several bullet fragments from Eric’s body. The jury imposed a death sentence for each offense.

QUOTE(minors @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 02:06 AM)
Holton got a stay because of the great ACLU but will now die on 9/19 for sure. Here is the story from here in TN. Stephen Edward Holton, 12

Brent Holton, 10

Eric Holton, 7

Kayla Marie Holton, 4

Holton killed his 4 children to get revenge on his ex-wife.

Im curious about the whole American Criminal Liberties Union angle. Details please.

Im curious about the whole American Criminal Liberties Union angle. Details please.

From what I read on the ACLU site they say Holton is crazy because he wants to die (gave up on his appeals) so that means he is crazy. To me it means that he realizes what he did was heinous and deserves to die for his actions. Nothing is his past suggests he is crazy and he has never brought it up this was a case where a guy was pissed at his ex so he decided to mutilate his kids.

QUOTE(minors @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 11:56 AM)
From what I read on the ACLU site they say Holton is crazy because he wants to die (gave up on his appeals) so that means he is crazy. To me it means that he realizes what he did was heinous and deserves to die for his actions. Nothing is his past suggests he is crazy and he has never brought it up this was a case where a guy was pissed at his ex so he decided to mutilate his kids.

Its so typical of those f***heads. They are hell bent on eradicating the Christian religon and justice for criminals wherever they find it. The more I read about this criminal orginazation, the more I despise them.

QUOTE(minors @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 04:56 PM)

If that is true, I guess we wouldhave a xase where the ACLU butted in, when they were not asked to do so. I thought they only took up the cases they were asked to?

The way he killed the little girl was just sick put the shot gun up to her back shot her then after he shot her he stood over her dead body put the shot gun back up to her chest and shot her AGAIN. This guy clearly deserves to die and no life imprisonment is not a proper punishment for this thug.

minors, could you provide a link from the ACLU page about Horton?

Holton

It is the National Committee to Abolish the Death Penalty but the link came right from the ACLU page so I assume they take the same position.

It is the National Committee to Abolish the Death Penalty but the link came right from the ACLU page so I assume they take the same position.

It's not an opinion article. The Post Conviction Relief Office (not the NCADP or ACLU) asked the court to determine if Holton was competent. From the next few paragraphs, it's clear that the PCRO is just against the death penalty, and probably doesn't give a s*** about Holton is particular.

In any case, from this article, there's no mention of the ACLU supporting this ploy and certainly not that they stayed his execution by using it themselves, as you stated in the original post.

Its so typical of those f***heads. They are hell bent on eradicating the Christian religon and justice for criminals wherever they find it. The more I read about this criminal orginazation, the more I despise them.

That's probably because 75% of what you "read" (aka heard from someone who already hates the ACLU) about them is misleading or flat-out wrong.

It's not an opinion article. The Post Conviction Relief Office (not the NCADP or ACLU) asked the court to determine if Holton was competent. From the next few paragraphs, it's clear that the PCRO is just against the death penalty, and probably doesn't give a s*** about Holton is particular.

In any case, from this article, there's no mention of the ACLU supporting this ploy and certainly not that they stayed his execution by using it themselves, as you stated in the original post.

That's probably because 75% of what you "read" (aka heard from someone who already hates the ACLU) about them is misleading or flat-out wrong.

Are you seriously trying to say that ACLU is in agreement of this execution? If so why do they link this article on there site? Lets not kid ourselves here

We already know the ACLU is against the death penalty. Your posts were misleading. It's pretty clear what your intentions were. You managed to get both an angry and a sarcastic anti-ACLU response to a case that has

nothing to do with them.

Ok I guess it was NCADP but man you know me so well that it is amazing because I hate the ACLU means I did this on purpose. I simply made a mistake something which you must have never done.