Four hits, nice job boys

greg775

Four hits vs. the Dodgers.

Way to swing those bats, boys!

I hope the reports are true from that radio station that Manuel is gone by the end of this trip.

He isn't the whole problem of course but it will be nice to get him the hell off the bench.

Hopefully when he's canned he'll blast Kenny Williams.

I was still supporting Manuel up through last night, but after another turn around in the offesne and only 4 hits, after 11 Thursday night, I think someone is gone. Since no team wants a hitter that can't hit there won't be any trades made and that leaves only Manuel to go.

This team can't even hit with one of Shammy's corked bats

Shamme will have some time on his hands, think he could cork a few for the guys . . .

In a week or two the bats are going really get going, the pitching will suck and we'll start losing 8-6 instead of 2-1

You know how you have a little hurt and you keep pressing on it so it hurts a little more? PLEASE keep JM and KW and play PK more and I love that aggressive baserunning, clueless fielding, dp balls, . . .

You know how you have a little hurt and you keep pressing on it so it hurts a little more? PLEASE keep JM and KW and play PK more and I love that aggressive baserunning, clueless fielding, dp balls, . . .

PK has hardly played for a week now... Thomas has started at 1B every game in interleague play. Find a new whipping boy for the offense.

*Eye-roll*....Let's put it this way:  if you were to as ANY self-respecting scout, hitting coach or a manager a following question:

"Do you think Magglio Ordonez, Carlos Lee, Paul Konerko and Joe Crede are gifted hitters with high ceiling or are they in fact overrated low-talents?"

How many do you think would go with the former? 

I didn't see the game last night so I don't know if Crede's hits were flukes or not, but the (grim, sad) reality remains:

Konerko OPS (1999-2002) - 855

Konerko OPS (2003) - 560

Lee      OPS (00-02)  - 825

Lee      OPS (2003)  - 775

Maggs  OPS (00-02) -940

Maggs  OPS (2003)    -800

Crede      OPS (2002)    -825

Crede      OPS (2003)    -560

Lee was 23-25 during his "talented days"; Maggs 26-28; Joe 24;  and Koney 24-26...........

DO YOU THINK THOSE HITTERS TOPPED OUT AT THE TENDER MEDIAN AGE OF 25?

No.

But in Konerkos case... hes hurt. and hes lost it. HE just had a couple decent years due to the lineup hes playing in.

Maggs is having a decent year... would be much better if poeple got on base.

Crede - ITS HIS FIRST FULL YEAR! give the kid some time damit.

As for lee. He'll never be the player we had hoped for him to be. I think hes gonna stay about where he is right now.

At least no one is no longer talking about all the "talent" we have.  Offensively, this is a very low-talent team.  But I am always looking for something positive, and Joe Crede had two hits.

REPOSTED:

*Eye-roll*....Let's put it this way: coming into this season if you were to ask ANY self-respecting scout, hitting coach or a manager a following question:

"Do you think Magglio Ordonez, Carlos Lee, Paul Konerko and Joe Crede are gifted hitters with high ceiling or are they in fact overrated low-talents?"

I didn't see the game last night so I don't know if Crede's hits were flukes or not, but the (grim, sad) reality remains:

Konerko OPS (2003) - 560

Lee OPS (00-02) - 825

Lee OPS (2003) - 765

Maggs OPS (00-02) -940

Maggs OPS (2003) -800

Crede OPS (2002) -825

Crede OPS (2003) -560

If that doesn't fall into "severe underachieving" in your book, then what does?

Lee was 23-25 during his "talented days"; Maggs 26-28; Joe 24; and Koney 24-26...........DO YOU THINK THOSE HITTERS TOPPED OUT AT THE TENDER MEDIAN AGE OF 25?

So does anyone else out there think this team is not talented and performing at the level that was expected coming into this season? 

Anyone?

ME. Well i thought theyd be a little better than this, but not much. Of course i thought the hitting would be much better, and the pitching worse. It cancels.

REPOSTED:

*Eye-roll*....Let's put it this way: coming into this season if you were to ask ANY self-respecting scout, hitting coach or a manager a following question:

Konerko OPS (2003) - 560

Lee OPS (00-02) - 825

Lee OPS (2003) - 765

Maggs OPS (00-02) -940

Maggs OPS (2003) -800

Crede OPS (2002) -825

Crede OPS (2003) -560

Lee was 23-25 during his "talented days"; Maggs 26-28; Joe 24; and Koney 24-26...........DO YOU THINK THOSE HITTERS TOPPED OUT AT THE TENDER MEDIAN AGE OF 25?

last time i checked you won or lost with 25 guys, not 4. Yes those players are underachieving, so what? The fact remains, this team has about average talent, and below average winning spirit. Their record speaks for itself.

REPOSTED:

Konerko OPS (2003) - 560

Lee OPS (00-02) - 825

Lee OPS (2003) - 765

Maggs OPS (00-02) -940

Maggs OPS (2003) -800

Crede OPS (2002) -825

Crede OPS (2003) -560

last time i checked you won or lost with 25 guys, not 4. Yes those players are underachieving, so what? The fact remains, this team has about average talent, and below average winning spirit. Their record speaks for itself.

1. I think you're not getting something here- if those four perform anywhere near their capabilities (as shown by the 3-4-year breakdown), Sox are 12+ games over .500. Easily.

2. Our pitching has been pretty solid, certainly better than in 2000. Check the stats, then add to it the fact that Koch and White can only improve at this point...The problem is the offense, specifically what we are not getting from our LF-RF-1B-3B spots....you simply can't argue with that.

REPOSTED:

Konerko OPS (2003) - 560

Lee OPS (00-02) - 825

Lee OPS (2003) - 765

Maggs OPS (00-02) -940

Maggs OPS (2003) -800

Crede OPS (2002) -825

Crede OPS (2003) -560

1. I think you're not getting something here- if those four perform anywhere near their capabilities (as shown by the 3-4-year breakdown), Sox are 12+ games over .500. Easily.

2. Our pitching has been pretty solid, certainly better than in 2000. Check the stats, then add to it the fact that Koch and White can only improve at this point...The problem is the offense, specifically what we are not getting from our LF-RF-1B-3B spots....you simply can't argue with that.

I will repeat myself. Those 4 players HAVE let me down, and other players are doing better than expected. Overall, based on record alone, the sox are performing a little worse than i expected. Of late? They are horrifying me.

REPOSTED:

Konerko OPS (2003) - 560

Lee OPS (00-02) - 825

Lee OPS (2003) - 765

Maggs OPS (00-02) -940

Maggs OPS (2003) -800

Crede OPS (2002) -825

Crede OPS (2003) -560

I will repeat myself. Those 4 players HAVE let me down, and other players are doing better than expected. Overall, based on record alone, the sox are performing a little worse than i expected. Of late? They are horrifying me.

ON offense who is preforming better than expected? MAYBE Jimenez, but after that????

And of of the starting pitching only Loiaza has out preformed. Out of the pen, I would have to say Wunsch and Marte have surprised, but with Martes last year numbers maybe it is time to say that he is just that good. So really there are two overachievers so far out of 25.

REPOSTED:

Konerko OPS (2003) - 560

Lee OPS (00-02) - 825

Lee OPS (2003) - 765

Maggs OPS (00-02) -940

Maggs OPS (2003) -800

Crede OPS (2002) -825

Crede OPS (2003) -560

ON offense who is preforming better than expected? MAYBE Jimenez, but after that????

And of of the starting pitching only Loiaza has out preformed. Out of the pen, I would have to say Wunsch and Marte have surprised, but with Martes last year numbers maybe it is time to say that he is just that good. So really there are two overachievers so far out of 25.

k and like 3 or 4 overachievers. Like i said, we are doing worse than expected, but not at the level Brando is saying...