GAME THREAD 6-11-06 SOX vs INDIANS

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we just have Garcia not face the Indians again the rest of the year? If he's going to pitch like a p*ssy now, he better get control.

This game's one more hit from being in serious jeopardy. Garcia continues to impress against good hitting teams.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 12:51 AM)
Yah. Every game.

He's been giving up a ton of base runners in his games. This isn't the Cubs, where he can give up 2 runners an inning and hold them down.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 12:53 AM)
Serious question: Is Freddie's arm dead?

Is the DL coming?

Not ripping Freddie, but it looks like he's throwing about 60.

Is he soon to go on DL?

He's been this way all season. Not only won't he go on the DL, but there won't be anyone in the organization questioning why a recently turned 30 yr old pitcher has lost 3 mph on his fastball and bite on his slider.

As a "control pitcher," Garcia absolutely fails. He's probably the worst control pitcher in history. He needs his stuff in order to be effective, and he just doesn't have that fastball anymore. I don't know why he's lost his velocity, whether it's chemical or from overuse, but he's just not a good pitcher without it.

I remember before this season started, I was happy we'd have the opportunity to trade Garland or Garcia for something valuable. But now, it seems like we'll have a tough time trying to get them off of our hands. And I don't want either of them after this year if they're both going to be their current selves.

And we definitely don't have the best 5-man rotation in baseball history.