GAME THREAD 6-11-06 SOX vs INDIANS

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(shoota @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 08:44 PM)
He didn't give up on his team; he mocked dumbass fans who blindly support players no matter how poorly they play.

Last night I said Martinez beat us after he had all the RBI's and hit two homers. He's referring to that.

That inning wasn't very positive.

I brought this up yesterday, but I really think we should consider obtaining another starter, especially with some great ones (Zito, Willis, Schmidt) possibly becoming available.

Yeah, if you want to continue to see BA and his pussy ass swings.

Our team just won the world series, is playing like s*** and despite that is 15 games over .500

what's a more realistic disposition:

a. giving the team the benefit of the doubt for the first half based on what you know they are capable of

b. acting like chicken little nightly in game threads

Edited by Greg Hibbard

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 08:45 PM)
I brought this up yesterday, but I really think we should consider obtaining another starter, especially with some great ones (Zito, Willis, Schmidt) possibly becoming available.

I wouldn't mind renting out Zito or, hell, trading for him, giving up Garcia and a prospect or two, and then trying to resign him.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 08:45 PM)
Ironic!

Not really.

Irony

Function: noun

Inflected Form(s): plural -nies

Etymology: Latin ironia, from Greek eirOnia, from eirOn dissembler

1 : a pretense of ignorance and of willingness to learn from another assumed in order to make the other's false conceptions conspicuous by adroit questioning -- called also Socratic irony

2 a : the use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning b : a usually humorous or sardonic literary style or form characterized by irony c : an ironic expression or utterance

3 a (1) : incongruity between the actual result of a sequence of events and the normal or expected result (2) : an event or result marked by such incongruity b : incongruity between a situation developed in a drama and the accompanying words or actions that is understood by the audience but not by the characters in the play -- called also dramatic irony, tragic irony

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 01:42 AM)
The White Sox will not struggle to make the playoffs at all. Every other contender is as full of holes (or moreso) than we are.

We just won two straight series against our biggest division rivals, but thank god we have you here to put a completely negative spin on it

I'm happy with the week we just had, but we still have some holes that don't look to be resolved anytime soon. Garcia and Garland are medicore to terrible right now, and they shouldn't have any excuses to be pitching as poorly as they are. I was actually one of the only people after the lone Tigers loss to state that we should be happy with how that series went. I'm not saying we won't make the playoffs....but to think it's a lock is naive.

QUOTE(Ndgt10 @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 09:48 PM)
I hate Tigerfan so much. Why can't he just go away? I know he hasn't posted, but just the thought of him lurking here pisses me off.

Wow..

I wouldn't mind renting out Zito or, hell, trading for him, giving up Garcia and a prospect or two, and then trying to resign him.

Garcia and a prospect for Zito?

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't even take Garcia, McCarthy, and Fields for Zito.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 08:48 PM)
Not really.

Irony

Function: noun

Inflected Form(s): plural -nies

Etymology: Latin ironia, from Greek eirOnia, from eirOn dissembler

1 : a pretense of ignorance and of willingness to learn from another assumed in order to make the other's false conceptions conspicuous by adroit questioning -- called also Socratic irony

2 a : the use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning b : a usually humorous or sardonic literary style or form characterized by irony c : an ironic expression or utterance

3 a (1) : incongruity between the actual result of a sequence of events and the normal or expected result (2) : an event or result marked by such incongruity b : incongruity between a situation developed in a drama and the accompanying words or actions that is understood by the audience but not by the characters in the play -- called also dramatic irony, tragic irony

If you can't see the irony in you telling someone to chill for saying that someone hadn't done anything to provoke being mocked after you had been mocking that person, I think an English teacher somewhere ought to be fired.

-----------

Oh Freddy.

QUOTE(Ndgt10 @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 11:48 AM)
I hate Tigerfan so much. Why can't he just go away? I know he hasn't posted, but just the thought of him lurking here pisses me off.

Dude seriously, take it easy. He's allowed to be here.