GAME THREAD 6-11-06 SOX vs INDIANS

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 07:50 PM)
What? You told him to watch his mouth before he gets banned by another site.

Yah, because he started s*** with me out of nowhere. Hence, I wasn't ever talking to the guy.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 01:47 AM)
Our team just won the world series, is playing like s*** and despite that is 15 games over .500

what's a more realistic disposition:

a. giving the team the benefit of the doubt for the first half based on what you know they are capable of

b. acting like chicken little nightly in game threads

What does 2005 have to do with the 2006 team? We should all appreciate and love the 2005 team for the rest of our lives.....but the 2006 team has no relation to that WS winner at all. KW made the decision to shake that team up, and now it's up to the 2006 team to make their own legacy. They're very different teams though on the field.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 08:45 PM)
LOL. He did yesterday. Know what you are talking about before you spout off or you might get banned by another site.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 08:48 PM)
I wasn't even talking to the guy.

QUOTE(Ndgt10 @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hate Tigerfan so much. Why can't he just go away? I know he hasn't posted, but just the thought of him lurking here pisses me off.

This thread has gone from bad to obnoxious and rotten. Garcia's (expected by me at least) s***ty's outing is certianly not helping the cause.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 08:47 PM)
I wouldn't mind renting out Zito or, hell, trading for him, giving up Garcia and a prospect or two, and then trying to resign him.

Yeah, especially with 2 of our starting staff cornerstones turning into s*** seemingly overnight. The long term outlook of our starting pitching isn't as good as it was at the start of the season.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 08:50 PM)
If you can't see the irony in you telling someone to chill for saying that someone hadn't done anything to provoke being mocked after you had been mocking that person, I think an English teacher somewhere ought to be fired.

-----------

Oh Freddy.

I think there must have been Anger mixed in with your ExLax this evening. Is Freddy messing up your fantasy team?

QUOTE(Ndgt10 @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 08:50 PM)
Garcia and a prospect for Zito?

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't even take Garcia, McCarthy, and Fields for Zito.

Yes yes. You're pretty sure.

Except that Oakland can't afford him past this year and is looking to unload him. He's very much available, and I think Freddy could work as bait, with some prospects.

I will tell you this much. I don't think there's anyway in hell that Billy Beane wouldn't trade Zito for McCarthy Fields and Garcia, as that is the steal of a century. But it's never going to be offered, so that's moot.

QUOTE(Ndgt10 @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 08:48 PM)
I hate Tigerfan so much. Why can't he just go away? I know he hasn't posted, but just the thought of him lurking here pisses me off.

Holy crap, that's funny in a sad way.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 01:54 AM)
Why?

As it was mentioned by someone before, Guillen's leash on Garcia "is as big as the one on 'Clifford the big red dog."

:lolhitting

Trust me, I know. I just made a comment about it also. It's pretty pathetic.